Chapter Thirty-Nine

Sojung was sitting on the passenger sit next to Seokjin who was focusing on the road, as she stared at her journal. The black and white daisy pattern on the cover book looked out of place. She pulled it towards her and flicked over the pages, each entry tugging at her nerves as she remembered so many sleepless nights she pulled on whenever she cannot stop getting an image out of her head. Every image contained so many moves and words that she'd like to hear every day, every morning, those will be the first thing she hears. Baby.

"Sowon?" Seokjin called out to her. As Sojung turned, she saw Seokjin stealing glances to her, shifting his gaze from the road to her face.

"What are you daydreaming about?" he chuckled, as he brought his hand near her face and pinched her right cheek gently.

His touch made her smiling enthusiastically as she gripped his wrist and placed a soft kiss on his knuckles.

"I'm excited," she said through her smile.

"It has always been a dream for me to go to a fun place with you. You know, a fun place would be extra fun when you're by my side," she added, staring at his perfect side profile that soon she saw a smirk was slowly forming up in the corner of his lips.

"But life is fun, isn't it?" he smirked.

"If you promise to always stay with me then yes, I can guarantee life is very fun," Sojung chuckled.

"I can guarantee that I won't leave you. Ever," he said in a soft tone, before intertwining his fingers with Sojung's and squished it gently. A slow smile worked its way across Sojung's face as she looked up and stared at his face, "Ever?" she asked.

"Ever. Forever. Ever after," he said before bringing her knuckles near his lips and planted long and soft kisses all over the back of her hand.

...

The first thing they noticed as soon as they stepped out of the car was the breeze crashing down on them like a block of ice. Sojung's lips were starting to tremble as she hugged herself although the thick sweater she was wearing was enough for her to endure the coldness. Right, whose idea was it to go to an amusement park in the middle of winter?

Still, this was the only day they could and had to visit the park, since in a few days after this they will be flying to Hong Kong for an award. As they approached the gate, they could see people staring at them with their phones shoved to their faces but thankfully, there were a quite number of bodyguards that would protect them from any danger.

"Sowon! That's so pretty! Look at that!" Seokjin squealed as soon as he walked up the huge gate that would lead to the ticket counters. Sojung looked up and saw some glittery winter decorations hanging on the trees and the poles around the area.

"Like me?" she pointed at herself with a cheeky smile on her face.

"No, those are prettier," he said, and moved his eye contact away from her eyes that was staring to his. Sojung pouted and groaned madly, thumping her feet on the ground like a child as she let go of the grip from Seokjin's hand.

"Where are you going?!" he shouted when he realised Sojung was already a few feet away from him. Sojung didn't even turn around, instead she kept walking to the ticket counters without looking back. Seokjin chuckled at her childish moves—which he thought was very cute, before began jogging to her and soon closed the distance between both of them.

Sojung was startled with the sudden warm embrace around her body coming from her back. Her face frowned as she glanced over her shoulder and saw Seokjin's bubbly smile that made his chubby cheeks came to view as he put his chin resting on Sojung's right shoulder.