Chapter Twenty-Eight

Am I too late to say Happy New Year? I think I am. It has been almost two and a half months since new year and I was just about to start writing my first journal of the year. Sorry for the delay, I have been very busy with my practices, from dancing to singing to language. Honestly, I don't understand why I have to take a class for my national everyday language but I have to, well, just go with the flow I guess.
Anyways, do you know why the practices have been hectic? It is all because our debut date has been announced! Well, not technically an official debut date, but Yoo PD-nim said that our debut will be late this year, or early of 2015, but we have to show our best performance for our debut date to be advanced by a few weeks, or months, who knows? It depends on our performance.
Other than that, my life is now in control again. Since that asshole Yoo Minseok has moved to Sydney, I've been feeling less anxious and I am feeling, more peaceful? If that's what you'd want to call it. Yeah. I'm loving who I am, and comfortable with my feelings. But I still feel kind of empty, maybe, maybe not, maybe I am being over dramatic and overthinking. But I don't know why I'm feeling this way.

Is there any way for me to fill up these empty spaces?

Sojung stared down on her journal, reading the last sentence over and over again while her mind was running with thoughts, thinking of ways how to fill the empty spaces and thinking why she was feeling that way.

Her fingers slipped and grabbed the edge of the journal before closing it, and shoved it into her backpack that she always brought to the practice room.

"Eonnie, PD-nim wants to see you," a recognizable voice could be heard coming from her back. She looked up, and saw Jung Eunbi's reflection in the gigantic mirror in front of her.

"Now?" she asked, and Eunbi nodded.

...

Sojung strolled over and knocked on a door marked Yoo Jongwon. She grabbed the door handle, before twisting it and pushed the door open. Her thoughts were flashing with worries as she took a step into the office before giving him a full bow.

"Have a seat," Yoo PD-nim said with a friendly smile while showing a hand gesture, pointing to the chairs in front of his desk.

"Why did you want to see me?" Sojung asked without any hesitations as soon as she placed her bum on the chair. He stared at her with a mysterious stare, Sojung tried to examine his expression but she couldn't. A sudden smile of joy worked its way across his face, before he leaned forward and intertwined his fingers.

"I'm here to announce your position in your group. Sojung, congratulations, you're a leader of your group," he smiled, and a tiny dimple danced at the corner of her full lips.

Surprised? No. Shocked? No. Overwhelmed? Yes. Sojung was surprised at his statement, an announcement, her jaw dropped and her mind didn't seem to be functioning normally.

"PD-nim, are you ser-serious?!" she asked while giggling, totally astonished with the sudden announcement as her mind was still thinking that he was joking.

But why would a CEO joke about such things?

"Yes, I am. Congratulations again," he snaked his hand out for a handshake. Sojung stared down at his hand, and boldly looked at him up and down before pressed her palm against his and firmly shook his hand.

"But why was I given the position?" she asked, after letting go of the hand shake. "Sojung, you've been a trainee longer than they are, and I have also witnessed the way you handle your problems. You've been handling it well, and I am impressed," he explained, a smile didn't seem to fade away from his face.

"—and I don't know if I should say this but, this was also recommended by someone," he continued, and it eventually made her heart stopped beating.