Chapter Twelve

This feeling is starting to eat myself away. I can't do this any longer. Time has been passing faster than lightning. I have never felt this way before, and I never wished I would. How do I make this stupid feeling go away? I don't need it. I never wanted it. I never wished for it. I want him. Only him.

Sojung let out a long and deep sigh, while sitting in her bedroom alone. She was supposed to finish her homework for school tomorrow morning but she decided not to, she didn't have the mood to hold a pen and do calculus at this point.

"What do I do?" she asked herself. There were so many people around her but not one of them she felt like telling about what had been going on in her head.

There were no other people other than Seokjin, who seemed to be running around her mind but there was this huge gap between both of them, that she cannot pick up her phone and dialed his number.

". . .Seokjin," she whispered his name under her breath.

She had been waiting for him to call her, but he never did. What happened to him? Did he forget about me? What is he doing right now?

She was hungry for the love that he had always been giving to her, but things had slightly changed ever since both of them became a trainee.

The spaces between them that had been growing bigger day by day, made her questioned herself if what she was doing was correct.

...

"Sojung," A familiar voice was heard coming from behind. Sojung who was walking along the street of Gangnam stopped her legs from taking another step, and turned to her back slowly.

Her heart fluttered when she saw someone she hadn't seen in forever. "Kim Seokjin!" her voice came out loud and cheerful, a big smile grew on her face as she ran towards him before wrapping herself around his body.

The hug warmed her body, and her heart. The smile didn't seem to fade away and she never want to let go of the hug. She wanted to hug him for as long as she can because nobody knew when will the time come for them to meet again.

Seokjin placed his hands on Sojung's shoulders before pushing her body slightly from his. Sojung was surprised over his move, but didn't seem to bother it because she was too excited to be noticing the small moves that could lead to anything. She didn't expect what was going to come.

"I missed you so much," Sojung's eyebrows and lips frowned. Seokjin was only staring down at her, with no words coming out of his mouth. Sojung waited for him to say something, but there was no sign of him wanting to continue the conversation.

She didn't know what to do, and why he didn't say a word back that lead her to pushed her body against him again, wrapping her hands around him. She felt a gesture on her shoulder and suddenly she was pushed away from his body.

This time a little bit further from him.

His expression was emotionless, his eyes weren't glowing like always, his lips were dry, and Sojung cannot examine what he had on his mind.

"What's wrong?" she took a step towards him, but he took a step back and pulled his hand to make a hand gesture, telling her to stop moving. She was clueless of what was going on, since he didn't even say a word but kept on avoiding her ever since they bumped into each other.

"I'm sorry, I don't think I can do this anymore," his voice came out flat and his eyes were starting to show some emotion, he looked sad and sorry. What is he apologizing about? "What do you mean?" She asked curiously, since she still cannot detect what he was trying to say.

"I want to call this off," be said, with no emotion in his tone, like the words that came out of his mouth didn't bother him one bit. Sojung's jaw dropped, and she felt her heart bursting out of her chest. Her eyes were glued to him like there were nobody else on the street other than him, this world seemed like it was made for both of them.