Twenty-Two

The sun seeped through the crooked blinds. The mid-February warmth could be felt just by the sliver of sunshine.

Within the rumpled sheets, legs intertwined and arms tucked away under pillows, Ava began to stir under the morning light. All she could hear was the steady rhythm of his heartbeat. It was melodious.

What time is it? She wondered. Without waking Harry, she slowly shifted over and grabbed her phone.

6:13 AM

She knew that she had to get up. Her shift didn't start until 9, but she had to go home and shower. Without disturbing Harry, Ava slowly untangled herself from his embrace. However, that didn't stop Harry from waking. His grip on her waist tightened.

"Where are you going?" He grumbled.

"I have to go home."

"Why?" His eyes were still shut and his voice was heavy with sleep.

"I have work." She couldn't help but giggle at the pout on his face.

"Baby. No work. Stay..." He pulled her back into his chest and nuzzled his head into her hair. "Much better," he whispered.

"Love, I have to go." Ava kept her voice calm but inside she was giggling like a hopeless school girl.

"No."

"Yes. Don't hold me hostage."

"Too late."

She let out a sigh. This was her new favourite activity: cuddling with Harry on a Saturday morning.

"I have to shower."

"Shower here."

"I need a clean shirt."

"Borrow mine."

She let out a defeated sigh. "Fine."

Even half asleep, Harry still managed to smirk. "Now come here."

He pulled her back under the covers and into his chest. She could feel his hot skin touch the exposed hip from her risen shirt. Everything about this moment was by definition perfect.

By 7:30 Ava's alarm went off. She let out a loud groan and reached over to turn it off. Harry was still fast asleep but had let go of his tight hold.

Ava slipped out of the covers and went into his small washroom. She found a lavender body wash and shampoo that had been forgotten by Rose.

She stood underneath the hot water, letting it loosen the tight knots in her back. The memories of last night began to flood back. She couldn't believe that she had so easily opened up to Harry. She had come to the realization that he had the ability to cut down every barrier she consciously and subconsciously built. He was tearing down her walls brick by brick.

Quickly, the smell of lavender engulfed her senses. It wasn't her coconut shampoo, but it would do. After finally rinsing out the last bit of suds, she stepped out of the hot confines of the shower and was quickly enveloped by the cold bathroom air. A shiver ran down her spine as she pulled the fluffy towel around her petite frame.

"Clothes! Shoot." While trying to not wake up Harry, grabbing her jeans and his shirt completely slipped her mind. After making sure her towel was completely secured around her body, she quietly opened the door. Unfortunately, Harry wasn't asleep. In fact, he was in the kitchen making a pot of coffee.

Ava walked past nonchalantly hoping he wouldn't notice her towel clad body. "Nice towel."

Yet of course, he had ears like a hawk.