Sixty-Five

Songs:

Settle Down - Kimbra 

Favourite Girl - The Icarus Account 

| sixty-five | 

MAY 

“What do you think about this?” Ava pointed towards a red couch. Harry scrunched his nose in a disapproving way and quickly shook his head. Ava let out a small sigh, “Alright.” She walked towards another set of Ikea couches, searching for one that she and Harry would both like. 

Harry stood back as Ava perused around the section of couches. He smiled as he watched her scrunch her nose whenever a couch was too uncomfortable, or sigh in contentment when one would feel just right. With each day that passed, he was more amazed with her beauty. Everything that she did seemed perfect to him. The more time he spent with her, the more helplessly in love he fell for her. 

“Oh! Harry! This one. I think this one’s it.” Ava slumped her body across a mint green love seat. “Imagine with me. This couch, against the white wall on that brick wall in the living room. Ah! It would look so nice there. All we would need are some grey - oh! Chevron! Grey chevron pillows - I saw some at Target the other day! And then that light yellow throw blanket that Rose bought us as a housewarming present! That would look so good.” Ava squealed in excitement. Her eyes darting around as she continued to imagine the (not completely atrocious) mint green couch in their living room. Harry smirked in amusement as she grew more excited with each passing moment. He couldn’t help but stare at her and think how exceptionally cute she looked right now. He knew that he had to say yes to her request, regardless of how much he would have preferred a normal coloured couch. But for Ava, he would buy her anything. 

“Okay.” Harry sighed. 

Ava’s eyes perked up and a massive grin had spread across her light pink lips. “Really?” She squealed. Harry nodded yes causing Ava to jump up in excitement and rush over to where Harry stood. She wrapped her arms around his neck and planted her lips on his in a quick kiss. “You are the best! I love you.” She kissed his lips once more before running off back to the couch to write down it’s product numbers. Harry smirked and shook his head before walking up to stand beside his beautiful, and extremely ecstatic, girlfriend. 

“Now we need a dining room table. I was thinking a dark wood table. What do you think?” Ava asked, her voice high pitched in excitement, as she laced her fingers in between his own. 

“Whatever you want, baby.” Harry kissed the top of her forehead causing Ava to release a content sigh. 

-

“Why did we buy so many white dishes?” Harry slightly complained as he began to put away their newly bought furnishings. 

“Because! Food always looks better on white plates. It’s a proven fact.” Ava smugly stated. Harry only rolled his eyes in response as he began to place the plates in the cupboard. 

Ava grabbed two of the new glasses that they had purchased and filled it with freshly made iced tea. She popped two ice cubes and a coral striped straw into one and passed it over to Harry. He happily took it from her grasp and began to take a large gulp, completely ignoring the straw. “Hun, there’s a straw there for a reason.” She giggled. 

“I prefer to leave the sucking to you.” He cheekily remarked causing a deep blush to make it’s way to her cheeks. Ava playfully slapped Harry’s arm and rolled her eyes. 

“Dirty.” She took her own glass and took a sip from the straw. She hummed in satisfaction as the cold liquid slipped down her throat. She looked up at Harry who had a devilish smirk on his lips. “Oh shut up!” Ava groaned, “Now I can’t even drink from a straw thanks to your dirty mind.”