Sixty-Three

Songs:

Thunder - Boys like Girls

Wonderwall - Oasis

Nothing Like Us - Justin Bieber (Acoustic version)

| sixty-three |

ONE MONTH LATER

August came to an end making September come quicker than any one had anticipated. The air became slightly crisper and the fall foliage were slowly beginning to change in colour. The vibrant green leaves of the evergreen trees had transformed into deep reds, oranges, and yellows. The weather may have not been as hot as the weather in California, but it was up there. Vancouver had been hit with an Indian summer with temperatures reaching highs of 27 degrees celsius. However, when the night would come, the air would drastically become crisp.

As enjoyable as the heat may be, it was almost unbearable for Ava. Her apartment was a complete sauna. She sat in her kitchen, her legs remaining bare, in only Harry's long forgotten oversized t-shirt. Her fingers gripped the ice cold glass that had been filled to the brim with water. She drank it slowly, enjoying the feeling the icy water gave as it slid down her throat. Her windows were kept opened, allowing the breeze to float in and throughout the stuffy apartment.

Ava remained in her kitchen. Her mind quickly began to slip off into it's own world and thoughts and as always, her mind drifted back to Harry.

It had been exactly a month since that day she said goodbye on the balcony of his launch party. It had been twenty-seven days since she had spoke to his voicemail machine (twice) declaring her love and stupidity. It had been twenty-six days since she woke up hung over and staring at her phone hoping that he would at least text her back. It was now twenty-four days since she had received the simple reply: I love you, too.

That had been it. No I'm ready to talk or any I miss you too's. Only an I love you. Not that she was complaining. She was happy to know that he still loved her, regardless of all the mistakes she had pulled. But her heart still ached knowing that he still did not want to talk to her.

The month had gone by quicker than she realized. With each passing day, Ava found herself reflecting on her life. While sitting on top of the kitchen barstool, she grabbed her white leather bound journal and opened up to a blank page.

Since Ava moved back home, she had found herself writing. She would write about everything that would happen in her life. From everything with Harry, to her father's reappearance in her life, to the simple events of her day. She had found that this simple activity helped her in figuring herself out. She also had the help of her new therapist, Dr. Smith, who was helping her get over her "daddy" and "trust" issues. The journaling helped a great deal in figuring everything out. It was a slow process, but it was working. With each passing day, her demons were becoming quieter. And with each passing day, Ava found her heart mending itself and becoming strong once again.

-

"Good morning my beautiful friends!" Rose walked into the now deserted cafe. Ava and Jacey had just finished the lunchtime rush at Mita's and were winding down behind the counter.

"Hey!" Ava smiled as Rose approached an open barstool.

"Do you know what day it is today?" Rose asked. Her voice was extra pitchy due to excitement making her accent a tad bit harder to understand.

"Your birthday?" Jacey rose an eyebrow as she continued to wipe down the counter.

"Nope! That's not until November." Rose chuckled. "It's been exactly one year since I moved to Vancouver. Can you believe that? I sure can't."