Thirty-Three

Ava was confused. She scrunched her eyebrows together attempting to understand his news. She knew that Harry had been nervous about a possible long distance relationship. But to go ahead and cancel it all seemed a bit extreme.

Harry looked down at his feet and nervously tugged at his hair. It was worrying him that she was being so quiet. This was the exact reason why he had chose to not say anything in the first place.

"Why?"

Many explanations to the simple one worded question swirled in his mind.

"You."

His answer was simple. Everything that he did from here on out was because of her. He didn't want to lose what they had.

"Oh."

His stomach was doing back flips. His anxiety growing with each minute that passed. She didn't say anything else- still processing everything.

Anxiety turned into frustration. He couldn't help but think that maybe this was all a mistake and that women were in fact all the same. He got up quickly. The park had been deserted and with the darkness that had fallen around them, he wouldn't leave her alone. Granted, he knew she could fend for herself. That was the first thing he learnt about her when he first saw her.

However, he was a gentleman and would not leave her alone- regardless of how frustrated he has grown.

"Let's just go." She looked up at him, eyes still confused, but listened anyway.

"We need to talk about this Harry. I get that you're hurting but canceling your tour could possibly jeopardize your whole career." She kept her voice calm. She didn't want to fight over this.

He sighed, "I'm still being published."

She quickly looked up at him; her expression surprised.

"Wait, what?"

He chuckled lightly. "I'm going to lose extra money by not doing a whole country tour and it won't be as publicized, but it's still going to be published."

She was releived. If she had been the reason for his book not being published, she would have never forgave herself.

"Oh!"

He sat backdown beside her on the cold bench. They remained silent, Ava continuing to process the news. "Wait." Her voice squeaked. "We are still going to be separated come May when I move to LA."

His face turned into an expression she couldn't quite decipher. It quickly shifted back to normal leaving her quickly attempting to catch up.

"Don't worry about that right now." His voice was low but smooth. It automatically soothed away any uncertainties that she was starting to feel. Little did she know, that Harry was hiding something from her. A secret that he had been keeping from her.

She nodded her her head as he wrapped his arms around her petite frame. He picked her up so that her legs straddled him on either side. She laid her forehead on his chest as he began to rub small circles on her backside.

"It will work out," he spoke softly in her ear. She nodded in response. His soft touch lulling her into a dream-like state. "We should get going," he chuckled, "before you fall asleep. You're to heavy to carry back," he joked.

Ava rolled her eyes but got up from his lap. She stretched her arms above her head and felt her jacket drag her shirt up. He took the opportunity to wrap his cold fingers around the exposed skin. The sudden coldness against her warm skin shocked her. She let out a high pitched squeal and giggled aloud. He wrapped her body close to his, and placed a gentle kiss on top of her forehead. She shut her eyes enjoying the moment.