The great secret

A few weeks later

The group of five were all sitting round the Gryffindor common room. Harry in the puffy chair in the corner, Ron and Hermione on the sofa and Dani and Tom on the floor.  Harry randomly stood up and walked out with out saying a word, leaving the other four confused.

"We are going to bed now." Say Ron and Hermione.

The two gryffindors make their way up the stairs and into there dorms. Dani and Tom make there way back to the Slytherin common room.

"You go ahead, I'm going to see what Harry is up to." Says Dani to her brother, Tom nods and then Dani spots Harry and follows him.

Harry meets dumbledore in the observatory tower, then they disappear. Dani stood in the shadows by the stairs waiting for them to come back. Half an hour later, they reappeared but someone else had caught Dani's eye. Draco was making his way to the tower, Harry ran down the stairs and noticed Dani standing there.

"What are you doing here?" He asked in a Whisper.

"I followed you, what the hell is Draco doing?" Replied Dani in an equally low voice.

The two watched dumbledore and Draco from below where no one could see.

"Hello Draco," said dumbledore, his wand tightly in his non shrivelled hand.

"Expelliarmus," said Draco, dumbledores wand flew out of his hand and onto the floor." I was chosen to do this, out of all others,me!"

Draco rolled down his sleeve to show the dark mark on his arm, Dani gasped and Harry nodded. Harry had been right all along.

"Don't do this Draco, I can help." Said dumbledore calmly, Draco's wand was pointing at him but he was lowering it, inch by inch.

"I don't want your help, don't you understand, I have to do this, I have to kill you, or he's going to kill me." Said Draco, his voice cracking and his eyes filling up with tears.

Dani and Harry watched as Bellatrix and a few more deatheaters walked up the stairs.

"Well done Draco." Whispered Bellatrix, kissing Draco's shoulder.

Draco raised his wand to dumbledores chest height again. Harry had his wand out and was pointing it at Draco. Dani looked next to Harry at Snape, who had randomly appeared. Shaped lowers Harry's wand and put a finger this lips signalling for the 16 year olds to be quiet. Snape waltzed up the stairs. The two friends watched intently.

"No." Said Snape, Draco lowered his wand and stepped aside, looking relieved.

"Severus." Said dumbledore."please."

"Avada kedavra." Said Snape.

All of them watched as dumbledore went flying over the edge of the balcony. Dani looked up and saw Draco, he was lost for words and his eyes were tearful. Bellatrix grabbed Draco's arm and they all rushed down the stairs.

Harry ran after Snape but, Dani walked over to where dumbledore was. Her eyes tearful she saw professor McGonagall and a few Gryffindor students walk out into the court yard. Then came the Hufflepuffs and the ravenclaws. The only Slytherin who came down was Tom.

Dani collapsed next to dumbledores lifeless body, she let her tears escape. Her brother ran over and hugged her tightly. Harry joined her, crying aswell, Hermione ran over and gave him a hug. Dani looked over and saw the students and teachers holding up their wands.