Chapter Three

[ picture of jake who is portrayed by douglas booth ]

Jake's P.O.V

As soon as Meghan left the house, my mind has been full with questions and thoughts about the delinquent.

My mom had told me a few days ago that I would be meeting a girl who is slightly different from the girls that attending Bridgeway High. When I heard that, I thought that she would be disabled or have some sort of problem but when Meghan had bumped into me, I knew by the tattoos on her arms and the smirk she wore on her lips that my mom didn't mean 'different' as in what I first thought.

Meghan is a freaking delinquent!

All I know about delinquents is that they like to do whatever they want and nothing will stop them from doing so. Something about Meghan though told me that there is more to her than just the tattoos, the attitude and the mischievous smirk. She had a story to why she is this person and even though my gut was telling me to stay away and only tutor Meghan, something inside of me wanted to know more.

You see, Meghan and I are different in many ways. I am shy and basically the most awkward person you'll ever meet but Meghan on the other hand is outgoing and she probably isn't afraid to speak her mind. Some people call me 'the good boy' of Bridgeway High because I like to stay away from trouble and keep to myself but from what I am guessing, Meghan is probably going to be labelled as that girl who makes anyone and everyone scared of her with one glare.

You know, that stereotype for delinquents?

Oh that's it. A bad girl.

The idea of having a bad girl under my roof is scary but also interesting. Nothing different happens in my life and ever since I saw Meghan, I knew that my life was going to turn upside down.

I look out the window again to see if Meghan is home yet but just like the past ten minutes I have spent waiting for Meghan, she still isn't here. I run a hand through my hair and walk over to the couch, dropping down on it.

It is three o'clock in the morning so where could Meghan even be at this time? She doesn't even know anyone here in Miami and if she does, well, I guess she is lucky then. I rub my eyes, suddenly feeling tired as I begin to lean slowly towards the floor. I snap back up in realisation and stand up, letting out a sigh as I head over into the kitchen to make myself a cup of coffee.

Ugh, nothing is better than coffee.

Well, except for strawberries dipped in chocolate sauce, of course, but second in the list will be coffee.

After making my coffee, I walk into the living room and peek outside but instead of letting out a sigh and giving up, my eyes widen when I see Meghan crawling her way up the stairs. I place my cup on the table and rush over to the door, opening it.

Meghan looks up and grins. "Santa came early this year." Meghan says with a chuckle and I look down to see that I am wearing one of my red sweaters. I hold in a laugh and go over to Meghan, grabbing the spot under her arms to lift her up.

Holy damn, she is light.

"You know, I feel like sleeping right here..." Meghan says, falling towards the wood and I quickly grab her again, standing her up. She wraps her arms around my neck for support and when she sighs, I smell the alcohol from her breath.

"Where were you?" I ask, looking down at Meghan who is leaning against my chest, her eyes closing.

"Off to see the wizard..." Meghan mumbles and I frown, beginning to pull her inside. I close the door behind me and sit her down on the couch, moving her blonde hair away from her face.