Chapter Twenty Eight

Meghan's P.O.V

Darkness.

Darkness is all that surrounds me right now and I can't help but feel a little scared. The only question that is running through my head is my whereabouts.

Where the hell am I?

I lift my head but instantly drop it back on the pillow in pain. "Fuck," I groan, placing a hand to my head. All of a sudden though, I hear something begin to beep loudly and my eyes widen in shock.

Beeping.

Hospital.

Suddenly, I let out a loud scream, closing my eyes and letting my screaming bounce around the walls.

The door swings open and I look at the nurse who is holding a needle in her hand. She begins to make her way towards me and I shake my head frantically, tugging my arm to my side where she won't be able to grab it.

"No, no!" I say, my eyes wide. The nurse looks between me and the needle before narrowing her eyes at me.

"Wait... Meghan? What the hell are you doing here?" The nurse asks and I furrow my eyebrows in confusion. I study the nurse's features and before I say her name, my head begins to throb like no tomorrow.

I groan and shut my eyes. "My head." I mutter and Hailey immediately rushes over to a cabinet that is placed beside the door. She begins to look through it and she grabs out a small bottle of pills. Hailey stands back up and walks over to me, opening the bottle and giving me a pill to take. I hold the pill in my hand and grab the water that is on the desk beside me.

"How's my baby girl?" I ask after taking a sip of the water and swallowing the pill. Hailey sits in the seat beside the bed and tightens her ponytail.

"She is holding strong. I think she wants to see you though." Hailey explains and I nod, placing the bottle back on the desk.

"Can I see her now?" I ask and Hailey stands up from the seat and walks over to the end of the bed and grabs a clipboard. She reads it and shakes her head.

"Not until the doctor comes in." Hailey explains, not looking away from the paper. "How did you get yourself in here?" Hailey chuckles lightly and I rub my forehead, laying my head back on the pillow.

"All I did was take one ecstasy tablet and down a few shots of tequila." I explain, the memories flooding into my head. Hailey looks up at me and places the clipboard back where it was before.

"Don't you pay attention in PD? Never mix drugs with alcohol." Hailey frowns and I shrug.

"I've done it before and this hasn't happened." I say and Hailey walks over to the monitor and presses a few buttons, making the machine beep twice. She looks over at me and narrows her eyes at me.

"Doesn't matter. You need to stop with this behavior, Meghan." Hailey says and I shake my head.

"Don't blame me, blame Jake's mom-in-law." I say through gritted teeth and Hailey shakes her head.

"You are responsible for your own actions. You have to remember that." Just as Hailey finishes her sentence, the door swings open and reveals a guy in a white coat. He walks in and sends me a small smile.

"You're awake." The doctor says and I nod. Hailey glances over at me before walking to the door, leaving me alone with the doctor. I look up at him and watch as he picks up the clipboard that Hailey was holding a few minutes ago.

"So, I'm Doctor Green. I'm just going to give you a check up and do a few tests--"

"Then I can leave?"

"No, not quite, Miss Brooks." Doctor Green says with a small smile. "You will need to stay overnight in case you begin to go downhill. If you don't, then you can leave tomorrow morning. But like I said, only if you are not getting worse." Doctor Green explains and I let out a groan.

"But I will get better. There is no doubt there. Can I go and see someone after you finish your tests?" I ask and Doctor Green nods.

"Yes but it depends. Where will you be going?" Doctor Green asks and I point outside the door.

"To see another patient." I say and Doctor Green nods.

"Yes, that is totally fine. I will need a nurse to escort you though in case something goes wrong." Doctor Green says and I shrug, not caring.

I just need to go and see Charlie.

"Just get Hailey." I say and Doctor Green smiles at me.

"Of course. Now, do you remember anything from the last twenty-four hours?" Doctor Green asks and I nod.

"Yeah, I was angry so I--" I pause, stopping in my tracks.

Do they know I am under eighteen? If I say that I took drugs, will they notify my supervisor? Will I go to jail?

No.

That won't happen.

Doctor Green raises his eyebrow at me in question. "Miss Brooks?"

"I... was at a party and someone spiked my drink with something." I say and as the words repeat in my head, I nod. "Yeah, that's what happened." I say and Doctor Green writes something down on the paper.

"Okay. Were you drinking alcohol?" Doctor Green asks and I shake my head cautiously.

"N-No." I stutter. "Lemonade." I reply and Doctor Green writes another thing down on the paper. He places the clipboard back on the end of the bed and walks over to the monitor, clicking a few buttons. He grabs the clipboard again and writes down the information on the monitor before looking back at me.

"I will be back with a sheet of paper for you to choose what you would like for lunch and dinner. After that, I'll get Hailey and she will escort you." Doctor Green says and I nod, watching as he walks out of the room.

I let out a sigh and grab the water, opening the lid.

Hopefully everything is going to be okay.

●●●

I walk into Charlie's room with a small smile on my lips. Charlie notices me and looks over at me, her mouth opening but no words coming out. I walk over to her and place a gentle kiss on her forehead.

"Hey baby girl," I mumble, holding her hand lightly. I look over at Hailey who is smiling between the two of us and I look at Charlie who is sticking her tongue out, looking down at it as it rests against her top lip.

I chuckle and smile. "Charlie," I call, watching as she looks slowly up at me, her tongue still hanging out of her mouth. "Do you love me?" I ask, watching as Charlie's green eyes stare into mine.

"Wuh..." Charlie mumbles and I kiss her nose, listening to Charlie's giggling. I stand up and let go of her hand, sending her a small wave.

"I'll be back soon." I say and Charlie closes her eyes, resting her head on her pillow. I sigh and walk towards Hailey who is smiling at me. As we walk out of the room, Hailey rubs my shoulder.

"You are an amazing mother. Remember that."

●●●

A/N - Did anyone already know that Charlie was Meghan's daughter? If you did, I shall give you some choc chip cookies *hands out cookies* Also, Hailey is the receptionist from chapter seventeen :)

-XmysterysmileX