Chapter Twenty Seven

Jake's P.O.V

It has been three hours since I arrived at the hospital to see Meghan and during those three hours, I realised how much I actually cared for Meghan. It hurt to see her in the hospital bed, being able to do absolutely nothing. It hurt to see that I couldn't of saved Meghan from whatever she got herself into.

It hurt to see that the girl that I am slowly falling in love with is in this situation.

If only it could be me.

Suddenly, the door opens and expecting it to be my mom who went to go and grab us a coffee, I furrow my eyebrows and look at Emma and Danny who are looking over at Meghan, their eyes wide.

"What are you doing here?" I ask and Emma looks up from Meghan and rubs her eyes.

"Your mom called us." Emma says between yawning and my frown deepens. I look over at Danny who is still staring at Meghan like she is dead.

Don't think that, Jake, my brain says and I let out a sigh, running a hand through my hair. I sit on the chair next to Meghan's bed and look back at Meghan.

"Do you know what happened?" Emma asks softly, standing beside me. I shake my head and look at the tattoos that are running down her arms.

So beautiful.

"No. I know nothing." I say quietly and Emma walks over to the end of the bed and picks up the clipboard that is connected to the bed. Her eyes begin to look over the paper and she looks up at me, breathing out a sad sigh.

"Well, there is nothing on here." Emma says and I nod.

"I know."

The door opens again and look over to see a doctor walk in and my mom walking in behind him with two cups of coffee in her hands. I rise up from my chair and walk over to my mom, taking the cup from her hand. I stand beside my mom as we both look at the doctor who is checking the monitor.

He looks over at us and runs his fingers across his forehead. "The results from her blood test will come back tomorrow morning so I suggest you all get some rest and come back in the morning. You will get the answers you want." The doctor says and I shake my head.

"I'm staying." I say and my mom places a hand on my shoulder.

"Jake, you need some rest." My mom says gently and before I can say another word, Emma gives me a small frown.

"Listen to her, Jake." Emma says and I look over at Meghan, my chest begin to tighten in worry. I bite my lip and run my hand through my hair. As my eyes slip closed for a few seconds, I hear Danny speak.

"She'll be fine, buddy."

●●●

I walk into the house and clench my fists, trying my hardest not to break down. I hear my mom's heels click against the floor behind me and I walk into the kitchen, heading towards the fridge.

"Just a few more hours, Jake." My mom says quietly, referring the fact that it is midnight and we will be going to see Meghan soon. Well, I don't know about my mom but I am definitely going.

I need to see her.

"I know."I mumble, grabbing the water out of the fridge. I pour myself a glass before putting the water back in the fridge and taking my seat at the table. I take a sip, trying to calm my thoughts.

I look up at my mom to see her staring down at the floor. When I notice the tears running down my face, I breathe out a sigh. "Mom," I call but she doesn't raise her head.