Chapter Thirty Eight

Meghan's P.O.V

Drake looks up at me, his eyes squinting in pain as he holds his hands down on his 'precious jewels'. I narrow my eyes at him and leans against the tree, shoving my hands into my pockets of my leather jacket.

"Why?" Drake breathes out, making my eyes widen in disbelief.

"You should know not to jump out at me." I say, rolling my eyes and Drake slowly stands up, letting out a groan.

"You have a hard kick." Drake comments and I can't help but grin, not saying anything more. When Drake finally gains his balance, letting out a heavy sigh, I narrow my eyes at him.

"Why are you here? Shouldn't you be with your girlfriend?" I ask and Drake rolls his eyes.

"I would be if some asshole didn't get her." Drake says and my eyes widen slightly.

Don't laugh, I tell myself, trying to keep a straight face.

"And what do you want me to do about it?" I ask, crossing my arms over my chest and Drake sighs.

"I want you to help me find her--"

"Yeah, you're on your own." I say. "Now, if you'll excuse me, someone is expecting me to get home safely--"

"Your precious nerd?" Drake comments and I clench my jaw.

"Don't call him that." I warn and Drake narrows his eyes at me.

"Then tell me you'll help me." Drake says slowly and I shake my head.

"Go fuck yourself." I spit, glaring at Drake. He sighs deeply and shoves his hands into his pockets.

"If you won't cooperate, I'll make you." Drake says and I narrow my eyes at him.

"Excuse me?"

"Do you have any idea what your precious nerd got himself into, Meghan?" Drake asks, raising his eyebrow at me and I bite down on my tongue, not saying a word.

"I'm guessing not." Drake says, a small grin on his face. By the look on his face, I reach out a grab him by the collar.

"You leave Jake the fuck alone." I spit,  glaring into Drake's eyes. He looks down at my hand then back into my eyes, his grin still on his face.

"Help me and I will." Drake says, lifting his chin up at me. I grit my teeth together and growl, pushing him away from me.

"No." I spit. "Now, fuck off."

And with that, I begin to make my way home, trying to ignore the words that came out of Drake's mouth.

"Do you have any idea what your precious nerd got himself into, Meghan?"

Letting out an irritated growl, I clench my fists.

What the hell have you done, Jake?

●●●

When I walk into the house after Hannah opens the door for me, I thank her and begin to make my way towards the stairs where I will be able to find Jake and ask him what the hell Drake is talking about.

The situation better not be dangerous.

Oh who am I kidding... when it comes to Drake and Evie, of course it's dangerous, I think to myself as I begin to walk up the stairs.

I walk down the hallway towards Jake's room and when I push the door open, I pause in my tracks.

Fuck...

Jake looks over at me, his eyes wide. I bite my lip and look down at his stomach which is on show, the towel hanging low on his hips. His brown hair is sticking to his forehead and his blue eyes are staring at me with shock.

"Uh..." He mumbles, looking down at himself before looking back at me. I gulp, watching as Jake slowly begins to disappear behind his bookshelf.

"Jake," I call, wiping my sweaty hands on my jeans. He just has to be in a towel... I think to myself. I walk into the room, closing the door behind me. I hear a short gasp come from Jake and I move over to his bed, sitting down on it. I'm not looking at him because I'm afraid that I will just end up forgetting what I came up here to do.

And once I forget, there is no way I'm going to remember again.

"Go on," I close my eyes, covering them with my hands. "Put on some clothes. I have to talk to you." I say, waiting for something to happen. When I don't hear anything, I open my eyes and peek through my fingers, my eyes widening when I notice the towel is about to drop from his waist.

Look away, I beg myself and before it falls, Jake grabs it, holding it up. When I watch him grab clothes out of his closet, I close my eyes and begin to count down from one hundred and twenty. Surely he can't take more than two minutes to get into a pair of pants and a singlet, right?

Right.

When I finish counting and hear a cough from Jake, I drop my hands in my lap and look at Jake who is drying his hair with a towel. When he thinks it is dry enough, he places the towel on the edge of the bed and takes a sit in front of me on the bed.

"What did you want to talk to me about?" Jake asks and I sigh, running a hand through my blonde hair.

"I ran into Drake today," I say, watching as Jake's eyes widen slightly. As if he already knew what I was talking about, he runs his hand through his hair nervously.

"And?" Jake asks slowly.

"He mentioned that you got yourself into some deep shit." I say, narrowing my eyes at Jake. I cross my arms over my chest, pursing my lips together.

"What have you done, Jake? And tell me the truth." I say, watching as Jake sighs deeply.

"I... I..." Jake stutters, avoiding my gaze as he tries to think of something to say. Before he can say anything else, Hannah calls our names from downstairs.

"Jake! Meghan! Dinner!" Hannah shouts and before Jake can say 'I'm coming' like he always does, I beat him to it... but don't exactly say what Jake thinks I'm going to say.

"Just a minute!" I shout back, my eyes never leaving Jake's. Jake looks over at me, gulping again.

"Tell me, Jake." I say, glaring into his blue eyes. Before I can even blink, Jake forces out his reply.

"Drake and Evie were going to give me information about my sister's death if I got them information about you so they can use it against you to get you into serious trouble. Jail, even." Jake says quickly and I breathe out a heavy sigh.

"And this is the truth?" I ask, earning a solid nod from Jake.

Getting off the bed, I begin to walk towards his door. Without sending a glance Jake's way, I walk out of his room and down the stairs to eat my dinner.

●●●

A/N - AND IF YOU REALLY NEED ME... YOU GOTTA, GOTTA, GOTTA, GOTTA, GOTTA LOVE ME HARDER! Sorry that song is stuck in my head XD

-XmysterysmileX