Chapter Nineteen

Meghan's P.O.V

I let out an annoyed sigh and run my hand over my name that is scribbled on my folder. I can't believe Jake did this to me. He doesn't understand that my life is my life and I don't like the whole world to fucking know about it. It's not cool what he did and if he used his brain, I'm pretty sure he wouldn't of done what he done.

I can't believe I like him.

I have only know Jake for a few weeks but that doesn't mean it has to take me the whole damn year to realise my feelings. I know what my heart wants and my heart wants him but I'm starting to over think my decision.

If Jake really wanted to get to know me, the real me, he should've asked me and depending on my mood, I would've told him. Actually, scratch that. I would've told him with letting my mood decide for me. It's just when I'm around that nerd, I feel... normal. Like I actually belong.

I let out another annoyed sigh and look at Charlie who is sleeping silently in front her me, her pink lips parted. Her long eyelashes and small nose makes her look incredibly innocent.

The only thing that I was not.

I reach over and run my hand through Charlie's brown hair, feeling the warmth come from her. I crack a smile and kiss her nose, watching as her hand moves to my hand which is still tangled in her hair. My smile widens and I grab onto Charlie's hand, rubbing my thumb over it.

"Your going to get through this, baby girl." I whisper, looking over at her monitor. I let out a sigh of relief and nod in approval. You're going to be fine, I think to myself, glancing back down at the two year old who won't let my finger go.

I look back down at the file and bite my lip. A little part of me wants to read what is in my file but another part of me is saying that I shouldn't. I don't know why I should read it though. What happened in my life so far is something that will be with me forever so why should I look at the file if I already know what happened in my life?

All of a sudden, my free hand shoots out to the folder and I open it up to the first page, pushing the thoughts to the back of my head. I look at the picture in the corner of the page and let out a sigh.

It just has to be that damn photo, doesn't it?

I look down at the information about me and I nod in approval. Good. Nothing deep or personal on this page, I think to myself before turning the page. Suddenly, the three photos that Hannah had showed me during the therapy session come into sight and I look at the one with Mary in it.

This photo doesn't belong with Hannah. This belongs with me.

I grab the photo and place it in my leather jacket, zipping it up so it doesn't fall out. After looking at the other two photos for a brief second, I decide to turn the page and all of a sudden, a gasp escapes my lips.

A page from my diary? Who the fuck stole this?

I let out a low growl and look at the words, 'Dear Diary...' on the top of the paper. I look up at Charlie to see that she is still sleeping like she didn't have to worry about a thing in the world. Well, thing is, she doesn't.

I mean, she is only a two year old.

I look back at the paper and begin to read it.

Dear Diary...

I'm in the hospital. It has been two days since the car crash and I can't help but feel hopeless. I want to go and see Matt to see if he is okay but none of the damn nurse's will let me. They keep saying that I shouldn't get out of bed at all because it could cause me a lot of pain. Pain my ass. My life has been nothing but pain.