Chapter Forty Nine

Meghan's P.O.V

"Meghan," Drake breathes out, his tone deep as usual. "Why are you calling at this hour?"

I let out a scoff and run my hand through my hair. "You listen here, you fucking prick. You leave Charlie out of this and I'll help you find your fuck buddy. But only on one condition." I snap, noticing the cloud of smoke escape my lips as I inhale a sharp intake of the cigarette between my lips.

I hear Drake let out a laugh. "And what would that be?"

"Never bother me, Charlie or Jake ever again." I say, flicking the ash off of the end of the cigarette. The cold air pushes past my legs and I look up at the sky, my eyes watching as the planes fly past slowly, their lights almost looking like stars.

"Now, that is something I can do." Drake says and I nod. Yeah, you better, I think to myself as I take another inhale of the drug. "So, what happens now?" Drake asks and I look down at the floor, my feet resting on the top of the cold grass.

"What happens now is I go back to sleep. I'm going to have to skip school to come and rescue your little bitch of a girlfriend, by the way. So be grateful." I say and I hear Drake laugh again. I swear this dude is high at two in the morning. "And when I wake up, Jake and I are going to meet you at that warehouse where you are going to show us where you last saw Evie." I explain and Drake chuckles.

"Who says I know where she is? I was hoping your pussy of a boyfriend-"

"Don't call him that." I snap, instantly becoming defensive.

"Oh but it's okay for you to call Evie a bitch and my fuck buddy?" Drake asks and I hear someone whisper something to him on the other side of the phone.

"That's because what I said is true." I say, letting the smirk rise on my face as I remember the events of the last time I saw Evie. Oh that fight was amazing...

"And how do you know Jake isn't a pussy?" Drake asks after a few seconds and my smirk grows.

"Because he punched you."

I hear the front door open and I look over to see Jake in his pajama pants, no shirt on him. I drop the cigarette from my fingers and kick a rock over with my foot, pressing down on the cigarette so I don't have to do it bare footed.

"You coming inside soon?" Jake asks and I nod, waving him off.

"I'll be a minute." I say and Jake nods before closing the front door a little so I can come back in. "Drake, you find that location. Jake isn't doing shit for you." I say before hanging up the phone. I walk over to the front door and push it open, looking at Jake who is grinning at me.

"You better say goodbye to these..." I hear Jake say and when I furrow his eyebrows, having no idea what he is talking about, he pulls a packet of cigarettes from behind his back and shows it to me. My eyes widen as I lunge forward to grab them but the packet instantly becomes out of reach as Jake holds his arm above his head.

"Jake!" I hiss lowly, narrowing my eyes at him. "Give them back."

"Nuh-uh." Jake says, shaking his head. I hit his chest and groan.

"Jake-"

"Shut up, my mom is sleeping." Jake says, narrowing his eyes at me and I can't help but smirk.