Chapter Fifty Two

Meghan's P.O.V

Suddenly, after the two minutes had passed, the fire alarm went off as planned. Jake and I run over to Drake through the crowd who are eager to get out, thinking that there actually is a fire. The loud music is still playing, the DJ obviously too shit scared to stop the song.

Lila was gone by the time Jake and I reached Drake. "Drake, the address." I say, holding my hand out to him, acting as if I was actually wanting to save the bitch named Evie. Drake fumbles into his pocket, the drunken, frustrated smile on his face. When he hands me the paper, I go to pull him out of the seat, only for Drake to push himself away from me.

"What are you doing?" I snap, narrowing my eyes at Drake. "We have to go and get Evie!" I shout over the music, watching as the people are still trying to get out of the club. Drake's eyes meet mine, the green so bright that I might've actually thought that we looked alike.

"You go... but before you do..." Drake crouches down and digs into the bag that I didn't even know he had with him. Then, he pulls out a gun, pushing it towards my stomach. "Take this. You'll need it." Drake says breathlessly, making me roll my eyes mentally.

How much did this guy drink?

"Okay," I say, not really putting any thought into the fact that Drake just gave me a gun. It's like he knows what is going to happen. Before I leave Drake, he sends me the smallest grin before waving, and just thinking that it's the alcohol, I return the grin.

He has no idea how this is going to end.

Running outside and into the alleyway beside the club, I see everyone. The twins, Lila, Johnny, Emma and Danny. I nod towards everyone, sending them the smallest smiles. "Thank you, everyone." I say, grabbing the address out of my pocket. "Because, we now know where to get that little bitch." I say, watching as Chris and William grin.

Time to do this.

●●●

Driving to the address with my hand in Jake's, I feel my heart begin to race. I don't know why I'm starting to feel the pressure but something tells me that I shouldn't have got involved. Like I'm the one who is going to end up dead or something.

Nope, don't think that way... I think to myself as I breathe out a sigh. I'm doing this for Charlie and no one else. I just need to keep my head on Charlie and I'll be fine.

"You okay?" Jake asks, looking over at me. With my hand resting on the wheel, I glance over at him and nod slowly.

"Yeah, just nervous." I say, shaking my head as a chuckle escapes my lips. "God, I wasn't even this nervous when I went to go and see my mother..." I trail off, the smile wiping off of my face when I remember my brother.

Feeling a small squeeze at my hand, Jake sends me a small smile. "Its going to go as planned, Meghan. Trust me." Jake says and as his words run around my head, I can't help but return the smile.

"I love you, Jake." I say, running my thumb over his hand. Jake lifts our hands and kisses mine, the small action making my heart explode.

"I love you too, Meghan."

Turning the corner, I realise that we are finally at the address. I lick my lips and park the car on the side of the road, looking at the large building which looks a little like a hotel. Noticing everyone else park on the side of the road, their engines cutting off, I breathe out a sigh and do the same.