Chapter Twenty Nine

Jake's P.O.V

I let out a groan and walk into the hospital. I would've thought that the traffic at this time wouldn't be so bad but oh boy was I wrong. I had to wait half an hour... half a freaking hour!

At least your here now, my brain reminds me and as I walk up to the front desk, a lady in a light green shirt and pants walks up to me. Suddenly, the memory of her from before when I met Charlie for the first time comes into my mind and I can't help but smile at her.

"Hailey," I say and she smiles back, sending me a wave.

"You here for Meghan?" Hailey asks, stopping in front of me and I nod, shoving my hands in my pockets. Hailey nods and motions for me to follow her. We walk to the elevator and when we enter, I decide to break the silence.

"How is she?" I ask, looking over at Hailey and her smile widens as she pushes a button, making the doors close.

"She's awake." Hailey says and my eyes widen.

Meghan's awake? Oh my f--

Ah, stop, my brain says, stopping me from swearing. I mentally breathe out a sigh and look at Hailey with a huge grin on my face.

"And she is okay?" I ask and the elevator doors open. Hailey looks over at me and walks out of the elevator with me following behind her.

"She's a fighter." Hailey says with a smile before pointing at the room that Meghan was in yesterday night. I nod and walk down the hallway, ignoring the groans coming from the patients in the rooms. When I reach Meghan's door, I breathe out a sigh.

Meghan's awake and okay. What are you waiting for, my brain questions and I bite my lip and grab at the door handle. I push the door open and when my eyes land on the scene in front of me, I can't help but smile at how adorable Meghan looks.

I don't think Meghan has notices me watching her yet because she is just continuing to stuff her face with food. I let out a chuckle and Meghan raises her head up from the food and her eyes widen, her green eyes shinning brightly as they look into my blue ones. I step into the room and smile.

"Enjoying that?"

●●●

"So, do you remember what happened to you? Where you went? Who was there?" I ask and Meghan chuckles.

"Yeah... sort of. I had to lie to the doctor about it though." Meghan explains and I furrow my eyebrows.

"What did you have to lie about?" I ask and Meghan sighs, running a hand through her hair.

"Nothing much, really. Just the fact that my drink got 'spiked'." Meghan says and my frown deepens.

"And what was the truth?" I ask and Meghan looks away, as if she just remembered something. I watch as Meghan shakes her head lightly.

"Just forget I said anything." Meghan says and I narrow my eyes at her.

"You can tell me, you know that, right?" I say and Meghan nods.

"Yeah but it's just that if I tell you, your going to ask why and then I'm going to have to tell you the whole story and I don't feel like it."

"Or maybe you just don't want to." I say, raising an eyebrow and Meghan slams her hands down on her legs.

"Fine, I don't want to but that is only because you will keep asking questions!" Meghan complains and I reach over to her and grab her hand. Meghan looks down at my hand that is in hers and I smile at her.

"I won't ask if you don't want me to." I say and Meghan looks up at me and sighs.

"Fine," Meghan says and I watch as she looks back down at my hand that is in hers. Feeling that she is uncomfortable about it, I take my hand back and place it in my lap. Meghan looks up at me and I nod slowly, motioning for her to tell. Meghan sighs again and rubs her eyes.

"Last night, Nikita told me to stay away from you because she was afraid that I will wreck the wedding and shit." Meghan says and my eyes widen.

Courtney's mom actually said that?

"So I got pissed and thats when I left. I got some drugs from some chick and drank the night away which obviously led me here." Meghan explains and I let out a sigh.

I hate her drinking.

I hate her using drugs.

And she still does it even though she knows I hate it?

"You can't tell my mom this." I say after a few minutes of silence. Meghan raises her eyebrow at me and chuckles.

"You think?" Meghan says and I sit up in my seat, watching as Meghan grabs the water and opens it, taking a sip. After a few seconds, an idea appears into my head.

"Meghan," I say and just as the bottle touches her lips, she looks at me, her lips parted. "Have you ever thought about getting off the drugs?" I ask and Meghan narrows her eyes at me, placing the drink down in her lap.

"Why would I think that?" Meghan asks and I sigh.

"Well, if you don't want to end up in here again, I suggest you at least try and stay away from the stuff." I say and Meghan laughs, shaking her head.

"You would have to devote your life and soul to get me off of that, Jakie." Meghan says and I can't help but smile.

If that's what it takes...

"Okay." I say and Meghan's grin immediately disappears off her face. She furrows her eyebrows at me and crosses her arms over her chest.

"What?"

"I'll do it," I say, making Meghan's frown deepen. "I'll help you get off the drugs." I say, the smile on my face not going away. Meghan looks into my eyes, as if she doesn't believe me.

After a few seconds, Meghan's eyebrows soften. "Wait, you actually want to help me?"

"Of course." I say, the smile growing on my face.

"You know it's going to be difficult." Meghan says and I shrug.

"Whatever it takes, right?"

●●●

A/N - Awe, he wants to help Meghan! What do you think is going to happen? Also, please help me with a ship name ;-;

-XmysterysmileX