Chapter Nine

Meghan's P.O.V

I smirk, fixing the edge of my paper plane that I made two minutes ago. I look up at the teacher to still see her sleeping and I look around the classroom to see the students peacefully answering the questions that the teacher had wrote on the board before she fell asleep in her chair.

God, the principle was right when he said that this is one of the strictest school's in Miami...

I close one eye and point my plane in the direction of the teacher and before the paper leaves my fingers, Jake grabs my wrist, stopping me from throwing my masterpiece. I turn to Jake, my smirk fading.

"Are you alright there? As you can see, I'm trying to do something." I say, snatching my hand out of Jake's grip and when I am about the throw it again, Jake places his hand over my arm and pushes it down.

"Something that will get you kicked out." Jake says and I roll my eyes.

"Please," I start. "No one will be kicking anyone out of anywhere. I'll just blame it on that chick at the front." I say, pointing at the girl who has her earphones in and her head down, obviously doing the work. Jake shakes his head with a frown.

"Please don't." Jake says and I let out a loud sigh of annoyance before placing the plane on the table. Jake sends me a small smile, muttering a 'thank you' under his breath and I roll my eyes, looking at the teacher.

I look down at the plane and look over at Jake to see him staring out the window. I look down at his book to see that two pages are filled with words and I'm guessing he has finsihed. I hold back a snort and quickly grab the plane, aiming at the teacher before letting it go from my fingers. Jake's eyes widen when the plane hits the teacher right in the nose and a few students at the back chuckle quietly.

I cross my arms over my chest and watch as the teacher sits up, looking around the classroom to try and find out who woke her up. When the teacher looks at me, I just give her a smug look and she narrows her eyes at me. I raise my eyebrow at her the  point at the girl with her earphones in and the teacher looks over at the girl, slowly getting up from her seat.

"Meghan, what have you done!" Jake scowls in a low tone, keeping an eye on the teacher who is still making her way over to the chick. I shrug and watch as the teacher reaches the girl.

"Watch," I whisper and Jake let's out a quiet groan before doing what I told him to do. The girl raises her head and I swear I saw her eyes nearly pop out of her head.

"Y-Yes, Mrs H-Harrison?" The girl stutters and the teacher narrows her eyes at her before slamming her hand down on the desk.

"Detention!" The teacher snaps and I hold back a laugh when the girl's face drops. Before Jake can say a word about my actions though, the bell rings and I jump up from my seat, collect my bag and throw it over my shoulder. I walk out of the classroom and begin to make my way towards the cafeteria.

Jake walks beside me and sends me a glare. "That was just mean." Jake says and I shrug.

"Not my problem." I say and when we enter the cafeteria, Jake sends me a confused frown.

"Do you always do this to people? You know, make their lives miserable?" Jake asks, taking a seat at one of the empty tables. I take a seat next to him and look around the cafeteria, trying to find Danny and Emma.

"Now, if your saying that I made that girl's life miserable just because I made her get a detention, you obviously don't know me very well." I say and Jake's eyes widen.

"Of course I don't know you very well!" Jake says a little too loud. "I've only known you for a week or so!" Jake says and I send him a smile.

"You can learn a lot of things in a week if you pay attention, Jakie." I say and Jake places his hands on his face and sighs, obviously getting annoyed with me. Oh who cares, he is stuck with me until I get kicked out again - well, if I get kicked out again.

I notice Danny and Emma make their way towards the table and I send them both a grin. Emma takes the seat next to me and Danny sits in the seat next to Emma, a sigh escaping his mouth.

"Honestly, girls do not know how to take a joke." Danny grumbles and I raise my eyebrow at him.

"Details, buddy." I say and Danny looks over at Emma. She let's out a laugh and crosses her arms over her chest, leaning back in her seat.

"Well, in P.E, Danny decided to use some pick up lines that he got from the internet to try and see who actually falls for it - well, that's what he said but he just secretly wants some sex." Emma says with a grin and I snort, rolling my eyes.

"Anyway, he went up to some girl and said 'you turn my software into hardware' and instead of laughing like some of the girls did, she slapped him then kicked him. What she said after though was goddamn hilarious." Emma laughs and I raise my eyebrow at her.

"What did she say?"

"She said, 'I would insult you but since your stupid, you probably won't understand it'. Now, that is how you get someone on the floor laughing their ass off." Emma says and I let out a laugh, looking over at Danny who is rubbing his cheek.

"Fucking barbie doll..." Danny mumbles and I roll my eyes. After a few seconds of silence, Emma claps her hands together and grins at the three of us.

"So," Emma starts. "There is a party tonight--"

"Oh dear lord." I hear Jake mutter. Emma rolls her eyes and continues on with what she was saying about the party.

"Of course, we aren't invited but I have a feeling that little miss badass over here can help us with that." Emma looks over at me and I raise my eyebrow, pointing at myself.

"Me?" I ask and Emma grins. I let out a chuckle and nod. "Well, you have come to the right person." I say and Emma nods.

"I know. Now, what's the plan?"

●●●

"Meghan, I don't want to do this!" Jake whines as we enter the house. I roll my eyes and peel off my leather jacket, throwing it over my shoulder as I begin to walk up the stairs. I can hear Jake's footsteps following close behind me and I have a feeling that Jake won't stop being a little baby.

I walk into my room and I take off my boots, stripping out of my clothes. I look over at Jake who just walked into my room, about to complain again until he sees me half naked. I throw him and smirk and walk over to my wardrobe where my clothes are.

"Enjoying the view, Jakie?" I ask as I begin to search for something to wear to the party tonight. I hear Jake mutter something and I turn around and raise my eyebrow at the boy.

"What was that?" I ask and Jake's eyes widen and he turns around, his cheeks flaming up.

"Nothing!" He squeaks and I chuckle, turning back around. I grab out a black tank top that has a white skull on it and some black leggings. I throw them onto the bed and turn around to look at Jake who is staring at my door.

"Go get cleaned up and then we'll talk about everything, okay? Good." I say before walking out of my bedroom and into the bathroom.

●●●

A/N - I am only ending the chapter short because I want the next chapter to be in Jake's P.O.V.

-XmysterysmileX