Chapter Forty Eight

Meghan's P.O.V

I walk into the house, Jake following behind me. Hannah is sitting on the couch and I notice her look over at the two of us, a concerning frown on her face.

"Where are you two been? It's seven o'clock." Hannah snaps and I wave her off, forcing a smile on my lips.

"Jake and I just went over to Emma's to study for the test that we have tomorrow." I say and Hannah watches me carefully before looking over at Jake. She raises her eyebrow questioningly at him and I look over at him, watching as he gulps.

God, this boy and the struggle of lying...

"Uh... yeah." Jake mumbles and Hannah narrows her eyes at him.

"What did you study?" Hannah asks and I raise my eyebrow at Jake when he looks over at me slightly. He looks back at his mom and gulps once more.

"English..." Jake trails off and Hannah nods slowly. She nods her head towards the stairs and when Jake walks past me and I go to follow him, Hannah calls my name, stopping me. Jake looks down at me and I wave him off before looking over at Hannah.

"Yeah?" I ask, walking over to her. Hannah runs a hand through her black hair before sighing as she falls back onto the couch.

"Meghan, I didn't know you had a child." Hannah begins I feel my heart clench at the mention of my baby girl. I take a seat next to Hannah and frown slightly.

"Yeah, well, I try to keep Charlie away from any danger that people can bring her way." I say, my thought running to the fact that I already failed that. Hannah smiles weakly.

"Charlie. Beautiful name." Hannah says and I nod slowly. "Do you have a picture of her?" Hannah asks, her eyes lighting up a little. My lips part in shock a little but I pull out my phone anyway, beginning to search through my photos.

That's when my eyes catch onto the beautiful brunette.

I click on the photo and show it to Hannah, watching as her eyes light up even more, a small smile riding onto her face. The picture is when Charlie just turned one, her brown hair just below her ears back then. Her eyes wide open, her green eyes popping out as she stares into the camera. What makes the picture sad though is the tube that is in her nose and all of the doctors equipment around the background. And the smile on her face only just makes the picture even more depressing becsuse she doesn't even know what's going on.

"She's... she's beautiful." Hannah mumbles and I smile as I turn my phone off and shove it in my pocket.

"I know. She's my everything..." I trail off as I begin to think about my little girl. Hannah sighs and grabs at my hands, taking me by surprise. The look in her eyes though makes me calm down when I realise that she is only just a little upset. The tears in her eyes tell me that.

Well, my therapist is actually feeling some emotions of her own... that's new.

"You have to take care of her, Meghan. I lost my baby girl, don't lose yours." Hannah says and my mind instantly runs over to when Jake and I went to go see Drake that night before Hannah found us.

"Even try to stop me and I'll let you die a slow, painful death." Drake says with a smirk. "I mean... your sister would know how I work, right?" Drake asks looking over at Jake, his smirk growing