Chapter Twenty Six

Jake's P.O.V

"She isn't answering, mom!" I call from upstairs. I hear my mom groan as I begin to walk out of my room with my phone in my hands. I begin to type Meghan a message, hoping that she will just reply to it saying that she is okay.

But actually, I just wanted to tell me where she was so I can pick her up.

I walk down the stairs slowly, still typing away. As I reach the last step, I press the send button and breathe out a sigh. I look over at my mom who is tapping her pen on her clipboard, her phone pressed to her ear.

"Who are you calling?" I ask, walking over to my mom. I stand in front of her, looking down at my mom who looks like she is going to blow any second.

And trust me, when my mom is angry, I just want to run for the hills.

As nice as my mom may seem, she holds a demon inside that is ready to just rise to the surface any second.

And right now, that demon is ready to say hello.

"I'm calling the supervisor -- Jake!" My mom gasps and I quickly end the call, holding the phone behind my back.

"Don't call him." I beg and my mom rises from her seat on the couch and sends me a cold glare. She holds out her hand and raises an eyebrow at me.

"Give me my phone."

"Please don't call him." I say again, looking at my mom who looks like she is about to rip my head off.

"Jake, this is not your decision to make--"

"But she is my responsibility. You told me that I have to watch her, keep her out of trouble, make sure she doesn't do anything stupid--"

"And look how that turned out, huh? Jake, give me my phone!" My mom snaps angrily and I place the phone in her hand. I lick my lips and run my hand through my hair.

"Let me look for her." I say and my mom shakes her head.

"No, Jake. I promised Nikita that--"

"Nikita only wants what is best for her daughter!" I shout, catching my mom's attention. She furrows her eyebrows and I take this as an opportunity to continue. "All Nikita wants is the money, mom. All they want is the money." I say slowly, hoping that my mom gets it through her head.

"Courtney and I," I begin. "We aren't made for each other. I know you are doing this for me but shouldn't I be the one to make my own decisions? Who I am friends with? Where I go? Who I... marry?" I ask and my mom frowns at me.

"Jake, I am doing this to protect you. I don't want you to end up like--"

"End up like who, mom? End up like Jamie?" I snap, clenching my fists. "Jamie was a good girl, mom. Jamie didn't choose to end up the way she did. She only did all of those things because you pushed her away." I say and my mom's eyes widen.

"I helped her." My mom says and I shake my head.

"No, you destroyed her. She didn't need the help. She just needed to be loved." I say and before my mom can say another word, I walk up the stairs and into my room, closing the door behind me. I grab my phone out of my hand and try to get through to Meghan again.

Suddenly, the phone answers and I gasp in shock. "Meghan? Where are you?" I ask, begining to pace around my room.

"Sorry, mate, this is Mark. I am currently with Meghan who is in emergency so if you would like to see her, please come down to Bridgeway Hospital."

●●●

"Hello, how may I help you?" The lady asks and I bite my lip nervously.

"I'm looking for my friend, Meghan Brooks. Could you tell me what room she is in?" I ask and the lady begins to type a few things onto her computer. She grabs a small sticky note and writes down something before giving it to me.

"Room 121." The lady says and I quickly thank her before walking to the elevators. My mom follows close behind me and when we enter the elevator, my mom let's out a shaky breath.

"I really hope she is okay." My mom mutters and I turn to her.

"She will be. Meghan is a strong person." I say and when the elevator doors open, I immediately walk out and begin to follow the signs until I find myself walking down a long hallway, the numbers hanging above the doors. I reach the end of the hallway and I suck in a breathe as I realise that this is Meghan's room.

Three, two, one.

I push the door open and my eyes widen. I hear my mom gasp and I walk over to Meghan who has tubes and cords connected to her. The only thing that is breaking the silence in the room is the monitor that is beeping every two seconds.

I bite my lip and look at Meghan. What I notice first is that her skin is extremely pale. Like... really, really pale.

What have you done, Meghan?

●●●

A/N - Oh my FUCKING GOD! What do you guys think happened? What did she do? Who do you blame?

-XmysterysmileX