Chapter Thirty Seven

Meghan's P.O.V

Walking into school with a million thoughts running around your mind is exhausting, isn't it? Have you ever stayed up all night just thinking about one person? Thinking about all of the possibilities that could happen between the two of you? All of the bad things?

Well, if you haven't, let me tell you something...

If you are going to think about a guy, do it when you don't have school the next day.

"Wow, you look like shit." Emma comments, leaning against my locker. I sigh, beginning to empty my books into my locker.

"Don't remind me." I say, slamming my locker shut. When my eyes meet Emma's, she grins slightly, making me furrow my eyebrows in confusion.

"What are you grinning at?"

"Who is on your mind?" Emma asks, her eyebrows raising suggestively. My eyes widen and I nearly burst out laughing.

Nearly.

"Ha, why do you think that?" I ask, trying not to sound so obvious. Emma places a hand on her hip and cocks her head at me.

"Because you have obviously stayed up late and thought about someone ever so special," Emma mocks, a small grin on her face. "And I have a feeling who that person is..."

"And who is it?" I ask, trying to keep a straight face. Something about her face tells me that she already knows though... and she didn't just 'guess' it.

"Your friend, 'nerd boy'." Emma smiles, referring to Jake. When my cheeks heat up a little, Emma gasps. She slaps a hand over her mouth, her eyes wide.

"You do like him! Oh my God, Daniel so owes me that twenty..." Emma says, a large grin on her face. I narrow my eyes at her and point my finger at her.

"Don't. Tell. Anyone." I warn and Emma raises her eyebrow.

"Does Jake know?" Emma asks and when I don't answer her, she gasps again.

"Oh my god! Does he like you?"

Once again, I don't answer.

"Holy shit! The bad girl and the good boy falling for each--"

"Woah, hold up." I say, raising a hand. "No one said anything about falling for each other." I point out and Emma smirks.

"Oh, no one will need to say it. Just wait..." Emma turns on her heel and as she walks away, she adds, "It will happen on its own."

●●●

"Are you sure you want to walk home?" Jake asks, appearing beside me. I nod, running a hand through my blonde hair.

"Yeah, I'm sure. I just need to clear my head." I say, watching as Jake frowns. I chuckle and wave him off. "I won't do anything stupid, trust me. Just go home, okay?" I say and Jake sighs. He looks around and when no one is looking, he places a gentle kiss on my forehead.

"Be safe." Jake mumbles and I smile.

"I will." I say and when Jake gets into his car, I begin to make my way home. I have only been living at Jake's for a few months and I do think of it as 'home'. Hannah and Jake treat me like I'm a part of their little family and I can't help but thank them for that. If they weren't so nice and welcoming, I probably would've left by now.

As I walk down the pathway, I notice Jake's car drive past. I can't help but smile slightly. I can't believe I like him. I mean, that's not a bad thing, I just didn't expect it. Like I said before, good boys aren't my type.

But you like Jake so... my brain says and I roll my eyes.

Suddenly, my phone buzzes and I grab it out of my pocket. I turn my phone on and look at the message.

Hailey: They have sent Charlie to get better treatment :)

A warm feeling makes its way into my stomach and my smile grows as I type my reply.

Me: Thanks for telling me. Message me the details when you get them x

Hailey: Will do xx

Shoving my phone back into my pocket, I breathe out a sigh. Charlie is going to be okay, I think to myself as I cross the road. For two years I have been worried about my baby girl and now, she is finally going to get better.

I can't wait till she gets out of hospital.

You see, Charlie is in hospital because of two things. Her vocal cords are totally fucked which is why the reason why she hardly talks; it hurts her. The other reason is that she has a bad heart. She may be two years old but with the way she is acting throughout this whole thing, I know she is going to keep fighting. I just hope she gets the transplant or whatever she needs because if I lose her, I basically lose a part of me.

And that can't happen.

All of a sudden, as I am walking past a large tree to my left, I notice a guy run out from behind it and straight to me, grabbing my hand and pulling me behind the tree. Out of instinct, I raise my leg up and kick the guy straight in the balls, not wanting to get taken advantage of... again.

That's a no-no.

When I look at the guy who is now on the ground in pain, my eyes widen in shock.

"Drake? What the fuck?"

●●●

A/N - What is Drake doing? What do you think of this chapter? I know it's short but please bare with me... I have just been having a lot of problems with a certain bitch at my school.

-XmysterysmileX