Chapter Twenty Three

Jake's P.O.V

"I can not believe you dragged me here." I grumble, looking at the entrance of the carnival and Emma let's out a laugh.

"And I can not believe your girlfriend made up at lie just so you can come. She must love you..." Emma grins and before I can speak up, Meghan does, appearing by my side.

"Ha, funny. We aren't dating." Meghan says, crossing her arms over her chest and I can't help but look at her tattoos that are on show to everyone tonight. Meghan is wearing a tight black shirt that stops just above her belly button and black ripped jeans that show sneak peaks of her tan legs.

Ah, stop yourself, Jake, I think to myself, not wanting to add anything extra to that sentence because I know if I do, it's not going to sound like me at all.

"You want to though." Emma says, staring between the both of us and I begin to cough loudly while Meghan begins to laugh. I notice a few people look at us like we are crazy but I just ignore them, continuing to cough the air out of my lungs.

"Okay, you two can stop acting like you are dying. We are here to 'celebrate Emma's birthday' so let's do that." Danny chimes in and I begin to calm myself down, breathing in through my nose and out through my mouth. Meghan stops laughing and wipes the tears away from her eyes.

Am I really that bad? Wow, she is hurting my feelings and she doesn't even know she is doing it. The perks on having a crush on the girl you know that you have no chance with at all... ugh, how I love my life.

"Let's get the party started!" Emma screams, throwing her hands in the air which cause a whole group of guys to our left stare at Emma. Danny notices this and walks over to Emma, throwing her arm over her shoulder. Emma thinks nothing of it, as usual, and begins to walk.

"You heard the girl." Meghan says and look to my right to see Meghan grinning at me. "Let's go."

As we begin to walk towards the many rides that the carnival has to offer this year, I feel Meghan's hand grip at mine and I can't help but let the small smile form onto my face.

●●●

"We are not going on that again."

"I think I'm going to be sick..."

Meghan and Emma laugh at Danny and I as we crouch down on the ground, trying to not be sick right at this moment. That ride has to be the most dangerous ride here! I couldn't breathe since it was literally that fast and by the way Danny looks, I know he couldn't breathe either.

I look over at Danny who is standing up, walking to the direction of the bathrooms. Emma walks over to Danny to steady him so he doesn't fall onto his face. "I'll be back." Emma calls and Meghan nods, a small smirk on her face.

"You are such a little bitch." Meghan whispers after crouching down to be face-to-face with me. I look up at her and shake my head, realising that shaking my head just made me feel more sick.

"I... am not..." I slowly begin to stand up and hold my head, trying to hold in the food from earlier today. I look around and my eyes widen as I look at the two people who are staring at me with a smirk.

Drake and Evie.

I swallow down the contents of my food and let out a cough, grabbing Meghan's hand and pulling her to the ferris wheel.

"Woah, you sure you can take it?" Meghan laughs and I nod, trying to forget about Drake and Evie who are here... tonight... watching me.

"Yeah, I'm sure." I say quietly, standing in the line. The line isn't that long. We have about five people in front of us and three of the people are now getting into a carriage. The instructor closes the small gate and locks it so the kids don't decide to jump out.

What a horrific sight...

The two people in front of us watch the carriage begins to go in the air and when the next carriage comes down, the instructor opens the gate and let's the people walk out before letting the two people in front of us get in.

"Are you scared of heights?" I ask Meghan, trying to make a conversation so I can get Drake and Evie out of my head. I just still can't believe they are here!

"No, I love being up in the sky." Meghan says and she looks up at me with a small smile on her face. "What about you?"

"Oh," I say, waving her off. "I'll be fine." I say and Meghan grins.

"You scared?" She asks and I let out a sigh, making a half-half gesture with my free hand since my other hand is still holding onto Meghan's.

"Sort of."

"Well," Meghan says, watching as the carriage begins to stop in front of us. "I'll be there to hold your hand if you get scared." Meghan says with a smirk and before I know it, we are heading into the carriage and sitting on the small bench against the carriage. There is another bench that is connected to the other side but I decide to stay on the side that won't make me go up backwards.

I don't want to end up throwing up and embarrassing myself...

The carriage begins to move and I can't help but squeeze Meghan's hand in fright. Believe it or not, I have really bad anxiety with things like this. I don't even know what made me came over to this ride. Maybe I was just so shocked to see--

Stop thinking about them, my brain quickly says and I let out a sigh, looking out of the large window in front of me. Well, I don't know if I would call it a window because it doesn't have any glass or plastic to stop people from putting their heads out of the carriage so...

The design of these things confuses the heck out of me.

Suddenly, as we reach what seems like the top, the carriage stops moving and swings a little, making my eyes widen. I immediately stand but bump my head on the top of the carriage and let out a groan.

Hasn't my head been through enough?

Meghan chuckles and grabs my hand, pulling me back onto the bench. I look over at her and she grins. "We've stopped." Meghan says and I nod.

"I know..." I say, looking back out of the 'window'. "And I don't like it." I say and Meghan smirks.

"Fine, we will do something to help you get your mind off of all this..."

●●●

A/N - *wink wink*

-XmysterysmileX