Chapter Thirty Two

Jake's P.O.V

I walk into the school grounds with Meghan by my side. When everyone turns to us, some of their eyes widen and some just smile. At this school, everyone knows about everyone -- well, not their secrets and such but just about where they are.

For example, everyone knew about Meghan and how she was in hospital for a week. I don't know how but they just knew. Emma wouldn't of told everyone because she respects Meghan's privacy. I know Danny wouldn't of told everyone because he couldn't even be comfortable when the topic of Meghan was brought up. I guess you can say that they just knew but that wouldn't make sense, would it?

So, in this case, someone told and it sure as hell wasn't me.

"Oh no," Meghan mutters and I stop walking and turn to her.

"What?"

"Hide me." Meghan says quickly, jumping behind my tall frame. I furrow my eyebrows in confusion and look at the main entrance where Meghan was looking. All of a sudden, a laugh escapes my lips.

"You're hiding from Emma?" I ask and Meghan grabs onto my wrist.

"I'm not a hugger and I just know she is going to hug me." Meghan whispers and I chuckle, watching as Emma notices me and walks over.

"Well, your going to have to get over that because she is coming." I say and when Emma makes her way over, she furrows her eyebrows.

"Is that..." Emma looks over my shoulder and all of a sudden, her eyes light up and she runs behind me, bringing Meghan into a hug. "Meghan!" Emma shouts in joy and I can't help but laugh.

"Ah!" Meghan shrieks and I turn around and look at Meghan who looks uncomfortable about the whole situation. Emma smiles and pulls away from Meghan, glancing over at me.

"So, did you learn your lesson?" Emma asks with a smirk and Meghan huffs in annoyance.

"As much as I hate to admit it, yes I did." Meghan says and I smile. In the corner of my eye, Danny makes his way into the school and he suddenly stops when he sees Meghan. Emma looks to her right and smiles at Danny.

"Oh come on, say hello." Emma grins and Danny slowly approaches the three of us. He stands in front of Emma and Meghan and glances over at her, a small smile making its way on his face.

All of a sudden, Danny brings Meghan into a hug and she gasps in surprise. A second later though, she smiles and hugs Danny back.

"I hate hugs but this time, I'll make an exception."

●●●

"Ugh, it's so good to have everyone back." Emma sighs with a smile, taking a bite of her slice of cheese pizza. Danny nods and grabs a slice before shoving it in his mouth. Meghan takes a sip of her water and continues to type away on her phone.

"Yeah, true." Meghan mutters, not lifting her head up from her phone.

"Who are you texting?" I ask and Meghan looks up at me, a smirk on her lips.

"Jealous, nerd boy?" Meghan asks, her eyebrow raising and my eyes widen. Before I can reply, Emma cuts in, followed by Danny.

"Oh shit, someone's in love!"

"You've got it bad, dude."

I look at both Danny and Emma and send them a glare. "Shut up," I say and Emma's eyes widen.

"He didn't deny it!" Emma shouts, looking between Meghan and Danny. Everyone in the cafeteria looks over at our table with their eyebrows furrowed before turning back to eat and I bite the inside of my cheek.

Don't say it, Jake, my brain says but before I can stop myself, the words slip out of my mouth.

"I don't like her." I say and Meghan gasps, placing a hand on her chest.

"Wow, that hurt." Meghan says and I groan, running my hands down my face. Emma and Meghan burst out laughing and Danny pats my back and leans over so I can only hear his words.

"We all know you like her, it's so obvious." Danny whispers and suddenly, my face heats up.

We'll then... I guess I'm screwed.

●●●

After a long and tiring day at school, Meghan and I are finally home. Meghan is in her room while I am downstairs, talking to my mom about everything that happened at the hospital.

"Wait, explain it all again." My mom says, her eyebrows furrowing. I sigh and run a hand through my hair, leaning back in the wooden chair.

"I am going to pay for Charlie and I am going to help Meghan stay away from the drugs." I say and my mom's watches me as she takes a sip of her coffee.

"And Charlie is..."

"Meghan's daughter." I clarify and my mom sighs, placing the cup on the table. She runs a hand through her hair and closes her eyes for a brief second before looking back at me.

"You know this isn't going to turn out good when Nikita hears this. She is going to get the wrong idea." My mom explains sadly and I narrow my eyes at my mom.

"Who says she has to know about this? Besides, I don't think Meghan would appreciate if you told Nikita and her family about this." I say and my mom runs a hand through her hair.

"Well what am I suppose to do, Jake? I can't exactly hide it from her." My mom says and I raise my eyebrow at her.

"Mom, I think your forgetting the fact that you don't have to say anything relating to the payment." I say and my mom stands up from her chair, walking over to the counter and places her hands on it.

"What about the marriage?" My mom mumbles quietly and I sigh.

"You know they are only using us for our money, right?" I ask and my mom looks over her shoulder, narrowing her eyes at me.

"Who told you this?" My mom asks and I frown at my mom.

"You don't see it?" I ask and my mom groans, slamming her fist on the counter.

"I'm so naive." My mom mumbles and before I can say a word, she turns around and walks over to the table, placing her hands on the chair. "If you don't want Courtney, we are going to have to come up with some... plan to push them away completely." My mom says and I nod.

"I know. We just have to figure out what the plan is going to be." I say and my mom nods, looking down at her cup before looking up at the wall behind me where the picture of me and Jamie is.

"I'll figure it out. In the meantime, I suggest you talk to Meghan."

●●●

A/N - Hmm, what is the plan going to be? Any guesses? Also, don't forget to vote and comment!

-XmysterysmileX