Chapter Thirty Six

Jake's P.O.V

"I... ugh, yes I like you."

I drop Meghan's hand, my eyes wide in shock. Meghan furrows her eyebrows together and when she sees me taking a few steps back, she quickly grabs my hand.

"Please... don't go." Meghan begs, a small frown making its way onto her face. I look into Meghan's green eyes and bite my lip.

Ever since those words, 'Do you like me' escaped my lips, I mentally started to prepare myself for the worst. I knew I was going to get rejected so I immediately began to put my walls up, blocking myself from getting hurt. I mean, I would get hurt but not as much if I had my walls up.

I expected her to say no.

But she said yes!

Great job, Jake. Now your going to run just because the girl you like just told you that she liked you... my brain says and I gulp, my eyes looking down at her bare legs. I immediately shake my head slightly, not wanting to distract myself.

But her legs are so fine, my brain says but I ignore it, looking back into Meghan's eyes. "Uh... but -- I shouldn't--" Meghan cuts me off by pressing her lips against mine, immediately shutting me up.

With Meghan's hand still in mine, she pushes it back, making me walk back and hit the wall behind me. Meghan's other hand touches the waistband of my sweatpants and ever so slowly, she trails her hand up my shirt, making me go lightheaded by her touch.

When I feel myself beginning to lose it by the touch of her hand, I grab at her waist with my free hand, taking her by surprise. Meghan gasps against my lips and pulls away, looking up at me with her bright green eyes.

"Tell me you don't like me," Meghan whispers, her hand that is under my shirt slowly going back down to rest on the waistband of my sweatpants.

But I do like you...

"I... I--" Instead of letting the words slip from my tongue as I had planned, I crash my lips back on hers, hoping that she gets the message. Meghan grips at my sweatpants and kicks my foot lightly, making me spread my leg just a little. Meghan settles her legs in between me and let's go of my hand and my sweatpants, wrapping her arms around my neck.

With my hand still at her waist, I decide to place my other hand there as well, gripping it lightly. My head is spinning just by her standing in between my legs and I know my... 'ahem'... is pressing against her.

Look at what she is doing to you... my brain says but I ignore it and continue to kiss Meghan, letting her know how I feel. My thumbs begin to rub against Meghan's hip bone and Meghan moans, her fingers pulling slightly on my hair.

And look at what you are doing to her... my brain comment and I can't help but smile against Meghan's lips at the reaction I am getting.

Meghan pulls away after a few seconds and hides her face in the crook of my neck, breathing heavily. My skin tingles as her hot breath touches my skin and I can't help but sigh. Meghan places a gentle kiss in the corner of my neck and I bite my lip at the feeling.

"Meghan," I breathe out and she looks up at me, a small smile on her lips. "Do you actually like me?" I ask again and Meghan raises an eyebrow at me.

"Your honestly asking me that? Look at what you did," Meghan says, grabbing my hand and placing it on her chest. I'm a little surprised about the sudden action but when everything goes silent, I can't help but smile.

"My heart is racing..." Meghan says, dropping my hand and I nod. Meghan's eyes drop down and a faint smirk appears on her face.

"I guess I did something to you as well." Meghan says, looking back up at me. Realising what she is talking about, I blush hard at her words.

"Can I... you know? Take a shower?" I ask Meghan and she nods, pecking my lips.

"As long as you let me join." Meghan winks and I blush harder. Before I can say a word, she waves me off. "Only joking, Jakie." Meghan says but the look in her eyes as I walk away from her makes me think otherwise.

Sneaky, sneaky girl.

●●●

After having a shower, I decided to help Meghan with the assignment we had coming up. She knew I wasn't going to be comfortable with the topic about us liking each other because I wouldn't know what to say, so she accepted with my offer and now, here we are, in my bedroom studying.

What is sort of a little different from our usual tutoring sessions is the fact that Meghan is sitting in between my legs with the sheets in her hands, looking down at them. I am leaning against my headboard, pointing at the things that Meghan will need to learn about.

I am not complaining though.

"So here, you basically have to read the book and find scenes that show friendship, love and all of the other themes that are listed below." I explain, pointing at the sentence and Meghan nods slowly.

"Okay..." Meghan mumbles and she looks over at shoulder at me, a small frown on her face. "And what is the book again?" Meghan asks and I chuckle lightly.

"The Hunger Games. We've went over this many times." I say and Meghan looks back at the sheets.

"So I have two weeks to do this? Easy." Meghan says and I nod.

"Very." I say and when it goes silent, I begin to bite my lip.

Should I bring up her and Courtney? I mean, I still don't know why Meghan was holding her by the throat...

What about Courtney? Aren't you going to ask yourself about her whereabouts? She doesn't even go to your school... my brain comments and I lick my lips in realisation.

"Uh, Meghan?" I ask and Meghan looks over her shoulder, her eyebrow raising.

"Yeah?"

"Why did you -- uh, you and Courtney--"

"She wouldn't tell me what she did to me." Meghan says, looking back at the sheets that are now on her legs. I furrow my eyebrows and wrap my arms around her waist, holding her hands close to it.

"And you grabbed her?" I ask softly and Meghan nods.

"Well what was I supposed to do? I don't like being left in the dark, Jake. That annoys me." Meghan says and I nod slowly, taking in her words.

"I don't like being left in the dark, Jake."

What the hell am I going to do now? I can't keep hiding the fact that Courtney was the one that gave Meghan the drugs... I just can't.

I'm definitely screwed if she finds out that I already knew...

So freaking screwed...

●●●

A/N - I actually like this chapter because Meghan and Jake now told each other that they like each other. How cute!

-XmysterysmileX