Chapter Sixteen

Jake's P.O.V

After putting my books into my locker, I slam the locker door shut. I turn and suddenly, my eyes nearly pop out of their sockets.

"Holy--"

Evie immediately places her hand over my mouth and places a finger to her lips,  telling me to be silent. My eyes go wide when she begins to pull me towards the entrance doors of the school. She drags me to the side of the school and holds me up against the wall, pulling out a knife from her pocket. I gasp but before I can say a word or beg for my life, Evie holds the knife up to my throat, shutting me up.

"Where's Meghan?" Evie asks and I shake my head slightly, my eyes still wide.

"I don't -- my god don't kill me!" I say in a high pitch voice when she presses the knife to my throat, making me throw my hands in the air. Evie narrows her eyes at me and before she could say or do anything else, a guy pops out of nowhere, making me scream again.

"Dude, chill." I hear the guy say and I open my eyes slowly to see Drake rolling his eyes. My eyes widen and I stare at him like he just told me his biggest secret.

"Chill? Chill? I nearly got my throat sliced and your telling me to -- oh please spare me!" I immediately say when Evie points her knife at me. Drake lowers Evie's hand and crosses his arms over his chest.

"You really are a pussy." Drake says, cracking a smile and Evie nods.

"You honestly don't know how many times I wanted to punch him because of his screaming." Evie says and my eyes widen as they continue to talk about me right in front of my face, like I wasn't even here.

When Drake realises that I am staring between him and Evie, he stops and clears his throat. "Moving on from the fact, we need you to find out a few things for us." Drake says and I rasie my eyebrow.

"W-Why me?" I ask and Drake smirks.

"Because you seem to have my baby girl around your finger." Drake says and I begin to cough.

"You and Meghan are... a thing?" I say between coughs and Drake's eyes narrow at me.

"I didn't say that but to answer your question, no. I just always used to call her that since she was the youngest one in our... group." Drake says and I nod. Evie places her knife in the sleeve of her leather jacket.

"Anyway, we need you to find out a few things." Evie says, a straight line forming on her lips. I furrow my eyebrows and cross my arms over my chest.

"Is it things that I could possibly get killed for?" I ask and Evie rolls her eyes, looking over at Drake.

"He is definitely a pussy." Evie says and Drake nods. He looks over at me and grins.

"Meghan won't hit a guy like you, ever." Drake says and I nod slowly.

"Hopefully." I mumble but Drake and Evie ignore me. Drake looks back at me after mumbling something to Evie, making her nod. He crosses his arms over his chest and looks at me with a small smirk.

"Are you up for it?" Drake asks and I let out a sigh. I mean, if I want to know things about Meghan, I guess this is one way I can find them out, right? I just won't tell Meghan about all of this...

"Sure."

●●●

"Okay class, we have an assignment coming up. Since we are reading The Hunger Games, the assignment will be on that. All you will have to do is write an essay--" Just as the word 'essay' escapes Mr Heaton's mouth, the whole class groans, even me. I may be a nerd but essay's are the reason I only get a B in English.

Yes, you heard right. The only class I don't get an A on is English because I have no interest in it at all. Besides, there are way to much creative writing tasks in this class which is another reason why I don't like English.

"Settle down, class." Mr Heaton says. "As I was saying, all you will have to write an essay that explains the relationship between Katniss and Peeta and the themes that show. Now, the assignment will be due Tuesday, three weeks from now. Surely that is enough time to complete the essay, yes?" Mr Heaton asks and we all nod.

"You can use the rest of the class lesson to plan out your essay. If you have any questions, just raise your hand." Mr Heaton says before walking over to his desk. I let out a sigh and grab out my book, realising that we have half an hour until lunch.

"Hey Meghan," I hear someone say and I look behind me to see Fletcher, the school's player smirking at her. I notice his nose and scrunch my nose in fear. Fletcher's nose is a purple colour and I know someone broke it. You can just tell by looking at it. God, I honestly don't want to mess with whoever done that to him.

Meghan looks over at him and raises a brow. "Yeah -- wait, your that guy that tried to get it on with me!" Meghan snaps, her eyes turning cold. My eyes widen and I look over at Fletcher who is raising an eyebrow at her.

"Look, you probably have the wrong -- oh shit!" Fletcher curses once Meghan stands up and grabs Fletcher by the collar. I gasp and immediately stand up, grabbing Meghan by the hand.

"Meghan, let him go!" I say, the whole class now glances at us. Mr Heaton notices this and stands up, making his way over to the three of us. In the corner of my eye, I notice Danny and Emma grin, obviously liking the fact that Fletcher is about to get punched in the face by a girl.

"Step away from each other now." Mr Heaton orders but Meghan is still holding onto Fletcher's collar and I'm still grabbing Meghan's hand, trying to pull her away.

"Your a fucking pig!" Meghan spits and when I say spit, she literally does exactly that. Everyone gasps and I find myself letting go of Meghan's hand in shock. She let's out a growl and walks towards the door, opening it and walking out. Meghan doesn't forget to slam the door either.

All of a sudden, all eyes are on Fletcher and I hear Danny snicker while Emma claps. "Someone finally showed you who's boss, aye Fletch?" Emma smirks and Fletcher wipes the spit off of his face and lowers his head, ignoring the stares that he is getting.

"Jake, please sit down." Mr Heaton says and before I do, I glance over at Emma who is nodding her head towards the door, mouthing 'go and find her' to me. I look back at the teacher to see him raising an eyebrow at me.

Suddenly, instead of sitting back in my seat, I walk straight towards the door and quickly exit the class, ignoring Mr Heaton's calls.

I never really liked English anyway.

●●●

A/N - Shit, we need some holy water and a bible for our Jakie boy! Any guesses on what Evie and Drake want him to find out?

-XmysterysmileX