Chapter Thirteen

Jake's P.O.V

I let out a frustrated groan and run my hands down my face. "What do you mean she just left? She can't just leave and you, out of all people, should know that!" I grumble and Emma grabs her keys out of her purse and unlocks the car.

"I'm sorry! I thought she would just stay where I found her since she looked too pissed to even walk!" Emma exclaims, hopping into the drivers seat and I roll my eyes, getting into the car.

"You should know how people like her act, Emma! My sister was around you all the damn time!" I argue and Emma starts the car, looking in the mirror before reversing.

"What the hell do you want me to say, Jake? I'm sorry!" Emma shouts, beginning to drive to my house. As the silence gets the better of us, I begin to take the time to breathe.

How am I ever going keep Meghan safe if all she seems to do is disappear?

Before Emma informed me that Meghan disappeared, I was sitting with Courtney doing nothing but listening to her talk about everything and anything she could come up with. I may be a nice guy but hey, I'm glad I got away from Courtney before my ears fell off.

The rumors about Courtney and I obviously hadn't spread around the entire school quick enough which is why Meghan looked so shocked about the arranged marriage my mom had set up for me. From what I know, the marriage isn't certain but with the information that escaped Courtney's mouth, her parents seem to be on board with everything.

The reason my mom set up this arranged marriage for me is because she doesn't want me running into someone like Meghan and falling for her. Of course, I know that won't happen but my mom wants to make sure of it anyway. She cares for me and doesn't want me to turn into the person my sister did when she turned sixteen.

Since my mom is friends with Courtney's parents, she decided that Courtney would be the best person for me to fall in love and start a family with. The wierd thing about it all is that I only know the basics about Courtney since we hardly see each other and we don't even go to the same school. I am not saying that I would love to see Courtney more but it's just weird that my mom chose the one person who can't communicate with me as often as... let's say... Emma would be able to.

Believe it or not, I love my mom but the fact that she arranged this whole thing for me is unacceptable. It's like she doesn't trust me to follow the same footsteps as my sister because surely, I know better than that and I thought my mom would know too but obviously she doesn't.

And unfortunately for her, I have to look after the one girl who my mom doesn't want me to hang around.

●●●

The car stops in front of my place and I let out a sigh of relief when I notice Meghan sitting on the porch with her head hanging low. I open the car door and thank Emma before closing the door. Before I walk over to Meghan, Emma calls my name and I look over my shoulder.

"Yes?" I ask and Emma sends me a small smile.

"Look after her." Emma says before doing a u-turn and driving back to the party where Danny is probably sleeping with the mystery girl Emma had paired Danny up with.

I look back at Meghan and walk closer to her. I crouch down and grab her hands, shaking them to see if she is awake. Unfortunately, Meghan's body begins to fall to the side and before she falls onto the hard wood, I catch her and hold her up.

Why does this remind me of the night Meghan went out and came back high?

I let out a sigh and grab Meghan under her arms, lifting her up. Once I stand her her completely, my hands still holding onto her waist, her eyes flutter open and my eyes widen at the sight of her eyes.

The dark green that I used to see in her eyes has changed to a much brighter green. They hold much more of a... friendly glow to them and when I notice Meghan smile a little, I can't help but let my own small smile appear on my face.

"Hi, Jakie." Meghan says and my smile begins to fade.

"Again with the nickname?" I ask and Meghan chuckles.

"Of course. Why wouldn't I use it? It suits you." Meghan says and I shake my head, chuckling a little.

"C'mon, we have to get inside. Your lucky my mom isn't home." I say before leading Meghan up to the front door.

●●●

Meghan crouches over again, the putrid smell of vomit filling my nostrils. I hold my breath and rub Meghan's back, trying to ease the pain that is coming from her head and her stomach. I hold her blonde hair away from her face and turn my head away from the sight, being polite as always.

When Meghan stops for a few seconds, I slowly look over at her to see that her head resting on the edge of the toilet bowl. I slowly pull Meghan's body close to mine and lean my back against the wall, grabbing the towel from beside me and handing it to Meghan. She wipes her mouth and let's her head fall back so that it is resting on my shoulder.

"I feel like shit." Meghan mumbles and I nod.

"I'm sure you do but for your sake and mine, you need to get clean before my mom comes home from her meeting." I tell Meghan and before I get up to help Meghan stand, she grabs my arm, stopping me.

"Wait," She mutters. "Just answer me this..." Meghan says, her voice raspy and her eyes slowly closing from the lack of sleep she had. "Are you getting married?" Meghan asks and I let out and sigh.

"Hopefully not." I mumble, sounding like I'm telling myself more than I'm telling Meghan. "Now, shower time." I say, getting up and helping Meghan up. I grab her hands and lift her up so she is now on her feet. Meghan leans against the wall and let's out a sigh.

"I'm so exhausted." Meghan says, her body falling but I grab her so she doesn't fall and I nod.

"Aren't we all..." I say and before I can go to grab Meghan a towel, she grabs my hand and stops me once again.

"I won't be able to take my clothes off..." Meghan says quietly and my eyes widen. Meghan's eyes are now closed once again and I find myself looking down at Meghan's clothes. She is still in her leggings and her tank top since she passed out as soon as I placed her on her bed last night.

Wait, she wants me to... take her clothes off for her?

I gulp and shake my head. "I can't--"

"Yes you can, you just won't." Meghan says, her eyes opening a little. I let out a sigh and run my hand through my hair.

"Meghan..." I trail off and Meghan's grip on my hand tightens. I look at her and watch as her eyes slip back shut.

"You need to help me." Meghan says and I bite my lip, looking up at the ceiling. Should I? I mean, I know that I have to get Meghan clean so my mom won't smell the alcohol but do I have to undress her?

Just as I am about to agree, I hear the door swing open and my eyes widen. "Jake, you awake?" I hear Emma shout and I let out a sigh.

Emma can help you now, Meghan.

●●●

A/N - Awe, I know half of you people wanted to see some #Megie action (Meghan + Jakie) but unfortunately, that isn't happening. So, what do you think of the chapter? Who do you think stopped Meghan and what do you think happened? Find out in the next chapter...

-XmysterysmileX