Chapter Twelve

Meghan's P.O.V

I chew on the brownie that one of the people gave me and watch as Danny drags a beanbag into the kitchen before sitting down on it. I roll my eyes at Danny and make eye contact with Emma as she makes herself comfortable next to me on the counter. Jake leans against the counter, near Danny, and brings his knees up to his chin, leaning his arms on his knees.

"So, who wants to start?" I ask, glancing around at the three people around me. Danny raises his hand and I nod, taking another bite of the brownie.

"Truth or dare, Dan?" Emma asks and Danny rolls his eyes.

"Dare, obviously." Danny comments and Emma chuckles, taking a sip of the liquid in her glass that is in her hand.

"I dare you to sleep with one girl from this party and instead of throwing her away like you do with every girl, I want you to say to the girl that you actually like her." Emma says and Danny furrows his eyebrows.

"Isn't that even more worse than throwing the girl away? I would be leading her on..." Danny says and I let out a laugh.

"Wow, Danny, your on the ball." I comment and Danny throws me a grin before looking back at Emma.

"But it depends who it is..." Emma says and I look over at her, confusion clear on my face. Whenever Emma used that tone, I knew she had something up her sleeve and right now, she had everything planned out for Danny which is actually pretty weird.

Hmm, better not mess with her...

"What are you talking about, Emma?" Danny asks and Emma jumps off the counter and walks over to Danny, holding out her hand. He furrows his eyebrows but takes her hand anyway, standing up. When Emma throws me a wink before walking out, I know that Danny is about to have a lot of fun tonight.

Lucky for him.

When Emma and Danny leave the kitchen, I am about to ask Jake something until a blonde comes running in, a shot glass in her hand. Jake immediately stands up and when I look over at him, his eyes are wide.

"Jakie-Bear!" The girl squeals, immediately running around the counter and attacking Jake into a hug.

Ew! Jakie-Bear? What kind of nickname is that?

"Excuse me, are you lost?" I ask, tapping the girl's shoulder. She turns around and looks me over, a small smile on her face.

"Are you Meghan? Oh my, I have heard so much about you! Apparently you're staying at Jakie-Bear's house for a while." The girl says and I nod, crossing my arms over my chest.

"Yeah. Who are you?" I ask and the girl turns to Jakie and grins.

"Oh sorry, I'm Courtney! Jakie-Bear's wife-to-be!" Courtney says and I furrow my eyebrows.

"Wife-to-be? Are you on drugs?" I ask and before Courtney can say a word, Jake begins to push Courtney out of the kitchen, following behind her. He mouths a 'sorry' to me and I roll my eyes.

Yeah, whatever nerd boy.

I take the large bottle of vodka and take a swig of it, ignoring the burning sensation in the my throat. I never thought I would be the one in the kitchen... alone... drinking my life away.

How cliché.

●●●

"Meghan!" I hear a voice call and I turn around, my eyes scanning the area to see Emma running towards me.

"What?" I snap and Emma stops running. She frowns and rubs her arms when the cold wind passes by. I raise my eyebrow at Emma and repeat myself. "What?"

"Why are you outside? Aren't you enjoying the party?" Emma asks and I shrug, bringing the cigarette to my lips.

"I would be if there was more alcohol. Unfortunately, there isn't." I say and Emma let's out a sigh, a cloud of carbon dioxide escaping Emma's mouth.

Oh, look at that! I'm beginning to turn into one of those science nerds!

"Do you want to come inside? We are playing spin the bottle..." Emma asks and I shake my head, blowing out a cloud of smoke from my lips.

"Nah, I'm good." I say and Emma nods slowly before turning on her heel and walking back inside. I roll my eyes and jump off the roof of the car and begin to make my own way home.

Parties are usually fun for me but now... all I want to do is go home and sleep. I guess all of the alcohol is making me feel sleepy which is weird.

I bring the cigarette up to my lips once again and take in a long drag of it, letting the drug go to my lungs. I breathe the smoke out a few seconds later and let out a sigh. Suddenly, I hear my phone ring and grab it out of my pocket, holding it my hand to see Jake's name on the screen.

God, give me a break.

I ignore it and place my phone back in my pocket. Suddenly, it begins to ring again and I clench my teeth.

"Fucking piss off!" I scream, throwing my cigarette away and grabbing out my phone, ready to throw that too. All of a sudden, a voice stops me.

"Meghan, stop."

●●●

A/N - Who stopped Meghan?

Please vote and comment, readers!

-XmysterysmileX