Chapter Seven

Meghan's P.O.V

When we enter the house, I feel a little calmer. It has been so long since I last saw Drake and Evie and seeing them again today just makes me feel so guilty. I never feel guilty about anything but when I am around the two people that supported me during my childhood, I couldn't help but feel anxious. I mean, I did do them wrong but I didn't know what to do at the time so I got caught up in the moment and did what I thought was okay.

I drop the umbrella onto the ground, not bothering to hang it up on the rack and I make my way towards the stairs. Well, that's what I planned until Hannah jumped in front of me with a concerning frown on her face.

"Where were you two?" Hannah asks, her arms crossed over her chest and I move around her and walk up the stairs.

"Shopping, obviously." I say before entering my room. I close the door behind me, not bothering to lock it and place the bag of stolen clothes on my bed, walking over to my window.

I open the window and stick my head out, breathing in a sharp breath of the cool air. After doing this for a few minutes, I decide to strip out of my clothes and wear something comfortable because to be honest, all of this leather is suffocating my skin.

Once I am in my red laced undergarments, I walk over to the wardrobe and grab out the only thing that reminds me of home.

My brother's t-shirt.

I throw it over my head and take out my hair tie, letting my blonde hair fall down my back. I let out a sigh and walk over to my bed, falling down on it.

I hear someone knock at my door and I let out a sigh. "What?" I ask and the door pushes open to reveal a concerned Jake. I sit up and cross my legs, facing the boy. He closes the door behind him and walks over to my bed and sits down at the edge of it.

"My mom wanted me to check on you." Jake says and I roll my eyes.

"I'm not doing drugs or planning to sneak out so there is no reason to be so damn overprotective." I mutter and Jake shrugs.

"My mom is just concerned."

"Well she isn't my mom so I don't care if she is concerned. I don't care if she is angry, happy or sad. I just don't care!" I say the last bit a little too loud as my fists curl in a ball, anger rushing through my tone as my mother appears in my mind.

Jake frowns and furrows his eyebrows at me. "Are you okay?" Jake asks and I roll my eyes.

"Of course I am, why wouldn't I be?" I ask and Jake let's out a sigh.

"You seemed a little nervous with Drake and Evie and ever since we got home, you have been acting strange." Jake says without thinking and before he can apologize, I glare at him.

"Don't you fucking question my actions just because you think you have the right to because you don't..." I snap, making Jake stand up as he sends me an apologetic look.

"I-I'm sorry." Jake says and I roll my eyes again.

"Just get out already." I say and Jake closes the door behind him and I let out a groan, falling back onto the bed.

"I'm such a bitch."

●●●

I roll around in my bed, trying to at least get some sleep for tomorrow but I just can't seem to get comfortable. After tossing and turning for five minutes, I decide to go and get a drink.

As I leave my room, I head downstairs slowly as it is pitch black and stretch my arms out in front of me. I manage to find a light switch and I flick it on, squinting my eyes when the light hits them.