Unwanted Sleepover

AN: Just a heads up, some sexual things happen in this chapter. If you're not into that, just skip over that part of the chapter!

Camila's parents were gone to New York City on a business trip and instead of leaving Camila and Sofi home alone, they arranged for their daughters to stay at the Jauregui's house. The cheerleader found herself in the Jauregui's guest room lying on the bed playing a mindless game on her phone. She couldn't get her mind off of the almost-kiss she had with Lauren. She couldn't stop wondering why Lauren had pushed her away...not only after the almost kiss, but also the days following. Maybe she was getting the wrong signals.

It had been about a week since their day out on the pond and Lauren had yet to speak to her neighbor. The older girl was in her room doing some homework at her desk. It was a Saturday night and Camila and her sister were staying at her house for the weekend because of her parents business trip or something. She wanted to beg her mom to tell the Cabello's that they couldn't leave their daughters there, but she didn't want to be selfish. So instead, Lauren tried as hard as she could to push it to the back of her mind, but she couldn't. She had a huge crush on Camila, that much was apparent, but she also really wanted to kiss the girl...so why did she stop it from happening? Oh, right; she's never kissed anyone.

The cheerleader sighed to herself. She was tired of being alone when Lauren was right down the hall. She didn't want to force the older girl into anything, but she was getting tired of dealing with the way the hockey player was handling the situation. Camila threw her phone to the other side of the bed and stood up. It had been all kinds of awkward between the two girls since Camila had been staying there. She decided that it really couldn't get any worse, so she made her way to Lauren's room before knocking on the door softly. "Hey, can I come in?"

The raven-haired girl was brought out from her thoughts as she heard a knock on her bedroom door, "Huh?" She looked up at Camila's head peeking in the doorway. "Oh. Um. I uh, I gue...um, sure." Lauren said.

Camila couldn't help but think that Lauren was cute as she stuttered. She opened the door and walked in, closing it behind her. "I thought we should maybe talk." She walked over to Lauren's bed and sat down on the side closest to the desk. She didn't know why she wanted to kiss Lauren so badly. They were two totally different people, but there was some kind of attraction between the two that neither could explain. Lauren sighed  to herself as Camila walked in and sat on her bed. She had imagined many times having the younger girl in her bed, but now she had been somewhat actively avoiding the girl since the almost kiss. She nodded her head as Camila sat on her bed, giving permission to the cheerleader to talk.

The younger girl looked down at the floor as she sat on Lauren's bed. "Did I do something wrong?" She asked. "We haven't talked much since, well, you know...and I'm just confused, I guess." Confused was an understatement. Camila was confused because she always identified as straight, so why the hell was she having a sudden urge to kiss the hockey player?

Lauren turned to face Camila in her desk chair,  "I.." She started to say, but suddenly stopped. She didn't know how to explain it to Camila...the other girl certainly wouldn't understand. She blushed and looked down at her hands in her lap...embarrassed by what she was about to say. "I've never, um." She paused awkwardly, not looking up at all. "I've never kissed anyone." Lauren said quietly.

Camila frowned at the admission. She was surprised. She had her first kiss when she was 14 years old. She looked down at the floor. "Oh..." Thinking more about what the girl said, Camila came to the conclusion that Lauren didn't want her to be her first kiss, and that was understandable. The hockey player deserved more than a kiss with someone who is confused about how she feels. "I guess I'm glad that you took off then. Wouldn't want your first kiss to be with someone you don't care about like that." She stood up to leave the room, not knowing what else to do in this situation. "I'm sorry for bothering you. I'll let you finish your homework."