Camping Trip Pt. 1: Rough Start

As promised by the beginning of every school year, it comes to and end and summer begins, but this summer was unlike any other. Camila had a girlfriend and her girlfriend and their families were going camping together; something they hadn't done since grade school. To say Camila was excited was an understatement.

Every year her family went up to the mountains a some 500 hundred miles away and stayed there for a week. They'd do some fishing and her father would go out hunting, and on the occasion that the Jauregui Clan would also attend, Chris and Mike went, too.

Camila was driving behind her parents. They had a system. They'd take the tents and chairs while Camila took the food, coolers, and cooking supplies. She looked in the rear view mirror of her car and and saw Lauren's parents' car behind her. She was so happy that her girlfriend's family had decided to come. The young Cuban pulled into their usual camping spot and got out. She stretched her limbs before leaning against the car, waiting for her girlfriend to get out of the car.

Lauren was equally as happy that her parents had agreed to go with the Cabellos on their annual camping trip. She wanted to ride with Camila, but her parents made her stay in their car with her brother and sister. She slept most of the ride up and only woke when they started hitting the rockier terrain. Lauren smiled when she saw her parents' car park next to Camila's. She quickly got out of the car and walked over to her girlfriend, wrapping her arms around her waist, picking her up and kissing her, "I missed you." She said softly as she set the girl back on the ground and kissed her again.

Camila smiled and laughed, shaking her head as her girlfriend picked her up. She looked at the older girl and chuckled, "You just saw me like... two hundred miles ago." She kissed her back and rested her head on Lauren's shoulder.

"Okay, lovebirds. Knock it off and help us drag this stuff out!" Sinu joked, throwing one of the chairs to the side.

"Oh, and we all agreed, you two can share a tent, BUT you have to set it up yourselves," Alejandro said as he took the food cooler out of the truck.

Camila nodded and walked over to the truck where her sister was taking the chairs out to set them out nicely, unlike her mother. "So what tent are we getting then?"

"You guys get the blue tent." Camila's mom said setting it over near a clearing where they could set it up.

Lauren smiled as she kept an arm around Camila's waist. She held her girlfriend close as they listened to Camila's parents. She was ecstatic that they were allowed to share a tent...she guessed that neither of their parents were worried about them having sex because it was kind of hard to get away with it in the specific circumstance.

At the direction of the Cabellos, Lauren helped her girlfriend get things out of the car. She lifted the cooler with the drinks inside of it and carried it over to their spot. "I got it." She said when Camila offered to help. She just liked showing her girlfriend how strong she was.

Camila reached in and grabbed one of the smaller coolers, letting her girlfriend, who was much stronger than she was, take the heavier one. "My hero." She kissed Lauren's cheek and started to help her mother. Once they got everything out of the truck, she walked over to the blue tent. She looked around and moved it over to a better spot near the trees. It was perfect. She looked at her girlfriend and smiled. She was happy. Happier than she'd been in a long time. Just as she went to go help her girlfriend, she saw that Sofi, Chris, and Taylor were goofing off. She smiled as she approached Lauren, placing a hand on the girl's lower back.

The older girl grabbed a couple more things from the car before walking with her girlfriend to set up their tent. She was 100% relying on Camila in this situation, given she had only put up a tent like twice in her life. "You do know how to do this, right?" Lauren asked her girlfriend quietly. She really wanted to share the tent with her and she knew they had to get it up themselves in order to do so. She grabbed some of the rods to weave them through the base of the tent.