Future Plans

Camila yawned and stepped out of her car. She just finished with work. In a way, she was annoyed but in another way she was amused. The dental assistants at the office had been asking Camila about the baby all day. The baby even kicked, but having her co-worker's hands all over her stomach all day had driven her crazy. She walked over to Lauren's house and opened the door, letting herself in. She saw Clara and smiled.

"Hey, sweetie." She walked over to her and hugged the Jauregui matriarch.

"Is Lauren upstairs?" Camila asked, pulling away from the older woman.

Clara nodded and smiled at her daughter's girlfriend, "Go on up, sweetie."

Camila walked upstairs and opened Lauren's bedroom door. The younger girl saw her girlfriend on the computer and walked over to her, hugging her from behind. "Hi, baby." She said as she placed a kiss on her girlfriend's neck.

Lauren had gotten home from hockey practice and teaching a skating lesson, and immediately had to start on her homework. Between school, hockey, lessons, and caring for her pregnant girlfriend, she was having a hard time keeping up with everything. She finished off her homework rather quickly, but still had some things she needed to finish...college applications. 

She was dreading this part because she wanted to give herself the best options moving forward, but she still hadn't talked to Camila about any of it, and the real possibility that she may be going away to college. She was trying to get into the best schools for what she wanted to do. She was so concentrated on her laptop that she didn't hear Camila come in her room. She only noticed the girl when she felt arms wrapping around her shoulders. "Hey." She said as she glanced up at the younger girl. She quickly shut her laptop before turning around in the chair to kiss her girlfriend.

Camila rubbed Lauren's shoulders and saw what she was looking at before she shut the computer. She frowned. This was the part that she wasn't looking forward to. Lauren wanted to go to college, and that was fine; but she was hoping her girlfriend would go for something local. "What are you doing?" She asked when Lauren turned around.

Lauren sighed softly as Camila rubbed her shoulders. "College applications." She smiled up at her girlfriend before pulling the girl into her lap. She kissed her again softly.

"Was that California?" Camila asked, pulling away after giving her girlfriend a soft kiss. "Please say it wasn't." She was praying it wasn't. She didn't want Lauren that far away. All she saw was the word California. That was way too far away.

The hockey player looked away as Camila asked her question. "It was." She said as she rested her head on Camila's shoulder. Lauren didn't want to leave her girlfriend, but she had to give herself the best chance to have a good future for both her and their baby. "Two of their schools have the best programs in the nation, Camila." She explained softly. "I have the GPA and SAT score to get in pretty much anywhere I want; and I want to try and go somewhere that I could possibly get a scholarship either academically or for hockey so I can try and minimize my debts coming out of college."

Camila sighed and placed her hand on the back of Lauren's head, fingers tangling in the girl's raven locks. "I know they do. I just... I don't know. I don't want you to be that far away." She closed her eyes and took a deep breath, trying to contain her emotions.

"Just make sure that you come back to me. Please?" She whispered. "And promise me that we're going to be the only two important ones in your life," she chuckled as a tear escaped. She pulled Lauren's head away so she could look her in the eye. "I don't want our child to grow up without you."