Graduation Day

AN: Sexy times ahead.

It was graduation day. The day that Lauren had been anxiously awaiting since beginning high school. The only thing that she wanted more than to walk across that stage was to have Camila by her side. Sure, the girl was in the stands supporting her, but it wasn't the same.

Prior to the ceremony, Lauren chatted with her family and girlfriend. She smiled softly to herself as Camila went off to socialize with her friends that she hadn't seen in a while. Lauren was proud of Camila because the girl had come a long way with the pregnancy. Initially, they had hid Camila's pregnancy from everyone except their families, but slowly Camila was starting to tell more and more of her friends, and that made Lauren happy to no end.

It was now the middle of the ceremony, and it was nearing the time for Lauren to begin her valedictorian speech. She was going to be the last person addressing her class before they received their diplomas and went on their way.

Lauren listened as the principal droned on, trying her hardest to remember what she wanted to say, organizing her note cards meticulously.

"Girl stop freaking out, you're gonna kill it." Normani said to Lauren.

The older girl looked up at the dark skinned girl who had become her best friend over the last few months. She smiled softly as she chuckled, "I can't help it." Lauren said as she nudged the other girl.

Just as Lauren was flipping through her cards again, the principal was wrapping up his speech, "...and now, to present the class with some final words, valedictorian, Lauren Jauregui."

Lauren took a deep breath before standing up and making her way through the row of students. She gingerly walked up toward the stage, careful not to trip and make a fool out of herself. She slowly made her way up the steps and to the podium.

Lauren took a look out at the crowd, taking another deep breath. The task of addressing her classmates for one final time was daunting to her. None of the people in the class knew her personally, and a lot of them really didn't care for her, so this made it more nerve-wracking.

Taking one final breath, Lauren began her speech. "Good afternoon classmates, parents, faculty, and all that are here to support us today. On behalf of my classmates, I would like to thank our parents and loved ones for being here to support us, because without you, none of us would be here today."

Lauren paused for a moment, looking around at the large crowd gathered on the school's football field. "We all arrived here four years ago, and now it is already time for us to move on to bigger and better things. It seems like only yesterday that we were lost, scared freshman, trying to find our way around a foreign place, fighting with the locks on our lockers, trying to find our classes, and just looking clueless to the rest of the experienced students in the building."

Breathing in through her nose, Lauren calmed her shaking nerves, "We are now the experienced students that are ready to graduate and move forward in this world. Yet at this moment, we can't help but look back on the past 4 years."

Lauren looked around at the crowd, easily spotting Camila, who was smiling proudly at her. She smiled back shyly, ducking her head some before continuing on with her speech, "The past 4 years meant something different to everyone. For me, it wasn't all that I hoped it would be, but we all make the best out of the situations we are put into. Being class valedictorian and captain of the hockey team for two years was definitely my proudest accomplishment as a student here, aside from snagging the most popular and gorgeous girl that once walked the halls of this school."

That last statement caused the crowd to chuckle, and Lauren couldn't help but look toward Camila and her parents. Both Jauregui parents were laughing while Camila was blushing profusely.