Hockey Tournament Pt. 3: Disagreements

Lauren had a long day of games. Thankfully they had won them all so far and they were the top seed in the tournament and didn't have a game until later the next day. She had went back to the hotel and showered before getting dressed to go out to dinner with her girlfriend. Lauren and Camila were sitting at the restaurant that Camila had chosen in the city. She looked through her menu before glancing up at the girl across from her. "Do you have any idea what you're getting?" Lauren asked softly before taking a sip from her water.

Camila took a sip of her hot tea and looked down at the menu. She was so proud of her girlfriend. She couldn't have been more proud of the way she played. That wasn't even possible. She nodded. "Probably the grilled pecan chicken. It looks amazing." She put the menu down and looked up at her girlfriend. She used her foot and gently ran it up and down her girlfriends shin. "What about you?"

Lauren flipped through the menu as she looked at all of the options. She needed to eat something light for the next few days so she wouldn't upset her stomach. She looked up at her girlfriend as she took another drink of water. "I think I'm going to get the roasted chickpea salad." Lauren said as she set the menu down and stared at her beautiful girlfriend across the table, smiling widely at her. "Thank you for coming with me." She said softly as she leaned back in the chair.

The younger girl smiled back at Lauren. "Thank you for inviting me." Her girlfriend was absolutely perfect. She took another sip of her tea. "You played amazing today. "I cant wait to watch you kick ass again tomorrow." She did promise her girlfriend a massage so she'd be sure to do that tonight. "I got scared though. Then that asshole rammed you into the side." But her girlfriend was resilient, bouncing right back up after the hit. "I don't know how you do it."

Lauren smiled at her girlfriend. She laughed softly. It was clear that Camila didn't know a whole lot about hockey, but she was happy that her girlfriend supported her. "We only have two games tomorrow and the first isn't until 12." She said happily. "We get to sleep in." Lauren said as she looked at her girlfriend. The waitress came over and they placed their orders. When the woman walked away she looked back at Camila. "It's called a check, and it's part of the game." She said softly. "I'm used to it."

Camila nodded. "Sleeping in sounds amazing." She looked up as the waitress approached and she ordered her own while Lauren did as well. She shrugged at the correction. "Hey, I'm learning. I just don't like to see you get hurt," she frowned, "it gets to me." She took another sip of her tea.

Lauren nodded her head as she took a drink of water. "It does. Especially after being up before the sun this morning." She said. She smiled at her girlfriend and chuckled softly. "You are learning. It makes me happy that you're interested." Lauren said honestly. She shook her head, "I've never been hurt yet." She said as she leaned back again.

The cheerleader smirked. "I didn't hear you complaining," her voice was husky and low. "You definitely didn't complain." She ran her foot a little higher. "But sleeping in does sound pretty good. And maybe this time I could go with you? Watch you practice?" She had been spending a lot of time watching her practice lately. She loved watching her girlfriend on the ice. She was like a completely different person.

Lauren looked at Camila from across the table and smiled. She shook her head and blushed, "I was not complaining one bit." She said as she chuckled. She nodded her head and looked up at her girlfriend, "If you want to. Practicing isn't near as cool as watching the games." Lauren said, "It's just skating around the ice and drills mostly." She said.

A silence took over the table, so the younger girl wanted to break it, "Do you still want that massage later?" Camila knew that Lauren was probably a little tense. "A massage, maybe a movie and lots of cuddling?" She teased.