The End

AN: No sexy times. This is the ending to the story. It's going to be intentionally short and you will likely have a lot of questions/reactions, and I would like to see them all.

3 am. That was the time that Lauren's whole life had changed. Everything she planned for, everything she thought was going to happen, irrelevant. 

It was nearing 10pm the previous night when Lauren was woken by Camila. She turned to look at her younger girlfriend, with a sleepy haze in her eyes.

"Laur, my water broke." Camila was excited. Lauren could tell by the sound of her voice. To be honest, Lauren was excited, but also a little nervous.

Lauren did the sensible thing. She woke up Camila's parents to inform them that she was taking Camila to the hospital. The couple insisted on meeting them there. She left it up to the Cabello's to call her parents and tell them the news.

After grabbing Camila's already prepared bag, Lauren set off for the hospital. She got the girl safely to the maternity ward where they started the process. Lauren had no clue what was happening, but happily sat by her girlfriend's side.

Camila had dilated rather quickly. She was nearing the time where she would have to start pushing.

It was almost midnight when the Jauregui's and Cabello's finally made it to the hospital, sans the siblings who were all gathered at the Cabello house.

Lauren informed them as to what the doctors and nurses had done so far. You could see the pure joy in the faces of both mothers.

Shortly after, Camila was ordered to start pushing. Lauren held on tightly to the smaller girl's hand. Little did she know three long hours of labor was ahead for Camila, and not once did her eyes leave those of the smaller girls.

The last push took place at 2:56 am.

"We see a head!" The nurse announced as the baby was finally being delivered.

Lauren smiled as she encouraged Camila further.

2:58 am, the baby was finally out and the room was met with silence. The only noise that filled the room were the quiet murmurs of the doctor and his staff over by the baby.

The longest two minutes of Lauren's young life was spent worrying. Worrying why there was no crying. Why there was hardly any movement over by the doctors. Worrying about what the hushed whispers were about.

Lauren looked over to her mother and Camila's mother. Panic clearly written all over her face. She looked back to the doctor who had a sullen look on his face.

"I'm sorry." She heard. It was like the voice was in a tunnel and the last thing she heard was, "Time of death. 3:00 am."

Lauren stopped. Everything in her mind shut off. She backed away from Camila. From their mothers.

In that moment, Lauren did even know who they were calling the time of death on. In her mind it didn't matter. Everything was done.

Lauren ran. She moved quickly out of the room and ran into their father's. She ignored their pleading calls for her to stop, but she didn't. She kept moving quickly. She ran toward the exit of the hospital.

As soon as she got outside, she threw up. Leaving remnants of the dinner she had eaten earlier in the day all over the sidewalk. She gathered herself together and moved quickly to her car.

Home. She went home. Ran straight up to her room. Her phone was ringing non-stop, but she took no mind to look at who was even calling her. She packed all of her things into a bag. Clothes. Computer. Phone charger. Everything else that was important to her. She packed it all up. 

After 15 minutes she was back in her car, tears streaming down her face. She got into her car and just drove off with no idea where she was going. The only thing on her mind, the words that were haunting her very existence, "Time of death 3:00am."

AN: And that is the end of this book. There will be a sequel at some point, I just want to get a good start to it before I begin posting. If you have ideas/thoughts or want to help, feel free to contact me, and I will be glad to consider some ideas.

Please don't hate me.

Until next time! -Amanda