A Little Scare

Lauren was laying in a hospital bed in the local emergency room. She had a home game that day. She was sad that Camila wouldn't be able to be there because she had a doctor's appointment for the baby. Close to the end of the game, Lauren was hit hard by another girl and was tossed head first into the boards. She was taken by ambulance to the hospital to get checked out. Turns out, she got a concussion. It wasn't her first, so the experience really didn't scare her. What scared her the most was what Camila's reaction would be. She watched as the nurse walked out of her room. At that point she decided her girlfriend should probably know what happened, so she picked up her phone and found Camila's number, hitting the call button.

Camila was on cloud nine. Her doctor gave her a food chart and apparently her 15-week pregnancy meant the little bean growing inside of her was the size of an orange. She put her hand on her belly when she got into her car, getting ready to head home. She heard her phone start to ring and smiled when she saw her girlfriend's face popping up on the screen. She quickly accepted the call and put the phone up to her ear. "Hey, baby. I just got out of the doctors office... It's weird knowing that my doctor knows the sex of our baby but we don't..." She chuckled. "Anyway, I'm heading home now."

Lauren smiled to herself as she heard Camila's voice on the other end. Her girlfriend seemed happy, which she hoped would help her take the news easier. She laughed softly. "Well, we can wait for the sex when the baby is born." She said She shifted in the bed as she listened to her girlfriend. Lauren laughed, "And drive safely, please. I would like you and the baby in one piece when I see you." She said softly. She was surprised that Camila hadn't asked her about the game, because Camila was just as sad that she was missing it as Lauren was.

Camila groaned. "Not knowing is driving me crazy. Hey, babe, hang on a second I'm gonna plug you into the car," she turned it on and grabbed the cord that connected her phone to the radio.

Lauren laughed. Camila was always funny when she was trying to plug the phone into her car. "I'm holding." She said softly.

"There we go. Can you hear me?"

The hockey player laughed again when Camila asked if she could hear her. "Yes, baby. I can hear you." She said as she leaned back in the bed.

Once Camila heard Lauren's voice, she smiled. "Anyway, how was your game? I'm sorry I missed it..." She tried her hardest, but there was no way that she was able to make an earlier appointment. "Did you win?"

"The game was good." Lauren said in response to her girlfriend's question. "I'm sad you missed it, too. You're my good luck charm." She said truthfully. She couldn't remember whether they won the game or not...comes with the concussion, "But, um. I, uh. I don't remember if we won. I think we did though." She said. They were winning by two at the time she got her concussion.

Camila couldn't help but let out a soft 'awww' at Lauren's statement. "Well, I'm glad you think that. You do kick ass when I'm around." She turned out of the parking lot. She narrowed her eyes as she turned onto the main road. "What do you mean you don't remember?" She was trying to figure out why her girlfriend was acting strange. "Are you okay? I'm on my way home now, babe. I'll come visit in a few minutes."

Lauren loved when she made Camila feel happy. She always got the cutest responses back. She laughed softly, "I usually suck when you're not around." She said as she closed her eyes to relieve the headache she was starting to feel. "I..uh. I think we won by two." Lauren said, trying to cover her tracks knowing that Camila was probably catching on to something not being right. She heard her girlfriend say she was gonna come over. "That's fine. As long as you don't mind maybe having to wait a couple hours." She said as she sighed, "I won't be home until a little later." She said softly, still not wanting to tell Camila what happened.