Chapter Sixteen

The rest of the day rolled by pretty quickly. A sea of students flooded towards the schools exit and I let the waves carry me along. As soon as we were outside the crowds dispersed in all direction directions. I filled my lungs with the fresh air and made my way to the Beetle.

"Hey Secret! Wait up!" Oswald's voice calls loudly.

I turned and saw the tall curly haired boy pushing his way through a small crowd and jogging up to me.

He was panting a bit when he finally reached me and an easy smile appeared on his lips.

"Don't tell me you plan on leaving without me?" He asks throwing his arm over my shoulder.

We set out for where the Beetle was parked.

"Thought you didn't want to be seen riding around in a Beetle."

"I don't but it's better than taking the bus right," he chuckles.

I grunted a barely audible reply.

"Any plans tonight?" He questions matching my strides.

"Ah, actually no, you?"

"My friends and I hang out on weekends wanna join us?" He offers looking down at me.

"Maybe next weekend," I reply and he nodded.

We got to where I parked the Beetle. Blade was sitting on his shiny Mustang that was parked in the space next to mine. Luka and Jude were there, busily flirting and smooching some of the girls from the school. One of them giggled and messed up Luka's hair. They we're the seven girls that hung around Hailey. Hailey was the only one not there.

I scoffed and got into the Beetle, Ossey with me.

"Buckle up," I command and he tugged on the seat belt and looked as if he was rethinking his choices of driving in a motor vehicle with me.

I did the same and then started the engine. The stereo switched on and I heard Ossey grunt at the music. He flicked through the songs, scowling and grumbling. I let the window roll all the way down and slowly backed the car out of the parking space.

Blade smirked and combed through his hair with his fingers. I rolled my eyes and my jaw twitched, he wet his lips with his tongue, still perched on the hood of the Mustang as if he was on some photo shoot.

"See ya later Tink," He calls and my jaw twitched.

"See ya later asshole," I grumble before the Beetle disappeared.

Ossey was looking at me with an amused look on his face.

"You really hate the guy don't you?" Ossey query.

I scoffed, "Is it that obvious?" I respond sarcastically.

He shrugged and chuckled then changed the music again, but only came up further disappointed.

"Even the music in this car sucks," he complains.

"Hey," I warned looking over at him, "respect the Beetle or you will walk mister."

He scowled, "fine but it's still a crappy car."

I rolled my eyes at his comment and continued driving. We were on the fourth street, a couple blocks from where I lived. I followed the directions he gave to the location of his house. He sucked. The moron made me miss two turns and almost a third one. I grimaced at him.

"I've never met a boy who sucks at giving directions before."

"I've never met a girl who's terrible at taking directions," he mocks.