Epilogue

The door bell downstairs rang and I heard Helen's voice floating around before the door opened. Blade's voice greeted whoever opened the door and my heart panged nervously in my chest. I looked good, I told myself as I was doing some quick breathing exercises to calm the nervousness. My eyes swept over myself one last time in the mirror.

I had let my hair down and it flowed in a mass of curls around my shoulders. The outfit I had chosen for my first date with Blade was an oversized sweater shirt that was opened back and held together with a ribbon, paired with an off white lace shorts and platform sneakers. I gathered my cellphone and my purse and headed downstairs to where Blade was waiting. He was sitting on the couch, looking quite uncomfortable between Helen and Victor who seemed to be giving him 'the talk'. I would have laughed if I wasn't already feeling so nervous. I cleared my throat to alert them of my presence and they all looked up at the once.

"If you're going to take him on a date can you at least wait until I'm back from mine?" I quip loudly.

Blade got to his feet and Helen examined me from head to toe from where she sat. Blade was wearing a black flannel shirt with his leather jacket some very nice jeans and shoes. He gave a boyish smile and approached me.

"You look beautiful as always," he compliments taking my hand in his.

"You looking dashing," I return the compliment with a smile and wink.

"Nice outfit," Helen calls and Victor nodded his agreement.

"Ready?" Blade asks and I nodded.

"Don't wait up for me," I call loudly to Helen and Victor.

"Have a good night Mr. and Mrs. Tran," Blade says and I snickered at hearing Victor and Helen being called that, "I promise I won't keep her out too late."

They both said there goodbyes in unison. On our way to the door Victor shouted a "keep her out of trouble," to Blade.

When we were almost out the door, Helen shouted something that half sounded like, "make sure she's home in the clothes she left in,"and I grabbed the door handle and slammed it shut.

Blade chuckled and I knew he had heard and I flushed pink.

"Ready for our first date sweetling?" He asks stifling the laughter, "I got you something by the way."

He pulled a necklace from his pocket and placed it gently around my neck.

"Was I suppose to get you something too?" I ask uncertainly and Blade chuckled and reached for my hand.

We walked to the Mustang and he opened the door for me like a gentleman. The engine purred to life while I tugged on my seatbelt, and music seeped through the stereo speakers.

"Is this your first date?" Blade asks peering out the window.

"Yeah, yours?"

"Ah, yeah," he replies and a faint smile spread on my lips.

"Have anywhere in mind, for our date," I question.

"A nice restaurant with a bit of roof top dancing and great tasting champagne," he jests glancing at me.

"You've got to be shitting me," I sputter as the Mustang pulled off from the side walk.

Blade chuckled, "I know a thing or two about the arts of romance you know, the finest places to dine."

"There are lots of fine restaurants in town," I say with a grin, "as for the roof top dancing, I don't think McDonald's, Wendy's or Popeye's have those... and I don't think they serve champagne either."