Chapter Thirty

I tried wrenching my hand from his grasp but he was holding on too tightly and I couldn't pull free. I glowered at him and hissed a slew of expletives but Blade only gave a smug look, thoroughly amused. My lips parted in an attempt to yell louder and he yanked me toward him, spun me around and clamp down his free hand over my mouth as quick as lightening. The yells were muffled and inaudible and I struggled yo pull free and Blade snickered next to my ear. My eyes darted to the right and left as Luka and Jude showed up on either side smirking and I cursed some more but it was no use because Blade was smothering all sounds.

"Three against one," he whispers against the side of face and Luka cracked his knuckles, "you're out numbered Tink."

I shouted profanities and threats at him but it only sounded like stupid moans and Blade smirked probably thinking the same thing.

"What's that Tink? I can't hear you," he mocks.

I tried to kick him but he trapped my leg.

"LET ME GO YOU ASSHOLE," I shouted into his hand as I continued struggling to pull myself free.

They all laughed and I knew they hadn't heard what I had shouted. I squirmed violently to get loose but it was useless. Luka held something out and Blade removed his hand from my mouth and I made to scream but before I could I was already being gagged. They scooped me off the ground and held me like a plank as Luka held my legs and Blade held me around the upper body. They laughed as I attempted to yell again and they carried me away like a rag doll. I kicked my legs, trying to free myself but they were stronger than I thought, especially Luka who had clamped my feet together. Sweat ran down my forehead from anger and exhaustion from fighting them off. My body began to feel numb and my jaws ached, my only option was to stop struggling and let them carry me helplessly away. I couldn't see where they were taking me but if I could take a guess, it would be that the goons were taking me to Blade's house.

"Such a shame," Luka mutters, "and to think I actually liked her."

Jude snorted with laughter and Blade joined in.

Defenselessly I was still being carried off and I couldn't do anything to stop them. I tried to get a glimpse of anything that looked remotely familiar but from sideways the world looked a lot different. They made their way up a driveway and I spotted the garden where I had found the hidden spare key. I was right, the idiots were taking me to Blade's house. They marched to the porch and Jude opened the door and they marched me inside. I didn't think I'd see this place again especially so soon. I sure as hell didn't miss the stupid potted plants at the door and the paintings of sticks and bushes that hung on the walls. All the strength was fine from my body, and my neck hurt from all the craning.

"Get the duct tape I'll hold her," Blade instructs.

Luka released my leg and I was standing on my feet again. We were in the kitchen and Blade held my wrist and I glared at him. As soon as Jude disappeared I used my free hand and pulled the gag.

"You're going to regret this you asshole," I hiss and he increased the pressure on my arm and smirked.

I tried pulling my arm away but it didn't work. The veins in my neck were tightening and I gritted my teeth and growled loudly in fraustration. My arm started throbbing and it felt as if the circulation had cut off. I gritted my teeth, and my brain was desperately trying to figure out a quick and likely successful way to free myself.

I didn't want to start resisting because he would increase his hold and leave me trapped here. Keep him talking until you figure something out my brain screamed. My mouth was dry and I fussed trying to start a conversation so I could get him off his guard and attack. Nothing was close enough to grab and if I tried punching him it wouldn't make a difference.