Chapter Thirty Four

I couldn't believe it. Not even for a second. I couldn't fathom the thought of me liking Blade. All because of a stupid compliment. How stupid could I be to fall for something uttered from the lips of Blade Collins? The moron who doesn't love anything but himself. Self centered and arrogant to the farthest part of space and even then you'd have to go farther to match his arrogance. It's a modern day miracle his head hadn't exploded yet from his oversized ego. The minute those words left his lying lips and my emotions betrayed me like a little bitch, the jerk seized the opportunity and stole my last Brownie.

A damn Brownie.

Who lies to steal food?

As if it couldn't get any worst I was stuck picturing his green eyes over and over in my head for hours.

"Ugh! "

How hard could it be to scrub the image from my mind? It was like someone had used permanent glue and glued the image there. No matter how much I screamed into the pillows and buried my head under it and thumped my forehead with my fist, his face refused to go away. I was already having a hard enough time dealing with him being in my house I didn't want to have to deal with him stuck in my mind also. I hissed and threw the throw pillows from the bed. It went sailing across the room and bumped on the door. I hated him. I hated him beyond measure. I hated him so bad, the hatred consumed most of my mind. I hated everything about him, every part of him down to the tiniest piece. I hate Blade Collins. Repeating it in my head didn't drive the image of his face away, all it did was push it to the forefront and remained there. Those damn deep green eyes. I wanted it out of my head, and I wanted it out now. Blade is the enemy and that is how it will remain.

A knock on my bedroom door drew me out of my reverie. The door opened slowly and Helen appeared a few seconds after.

"How's my least favourite child?" Helen asks with a fake smile and I frowned.

"I'm your only child," I mutter.

"Horrible isn't it?"

I groaned and flopped down on the bed, and blew a lock of hair from my face and she chuckled.

"Just so you know," Helen adds, "I'm heading out."

"Don't let me stop you from enjoying your day," I grumble still mentally trying to drive Blade's stupid face from my mind.

"It has never stopped me before," she tuts and I frowned.

I didn't respond only laid there looking up at the ceiling miserably.

"Oh by the way," Helen says, "you're fired."

I tore my eyes from the ceiling and caught her smiling face by the door.

"I thought you wanted to make my life miserable by forcing me to work at the floral shop," I mumble with a raised brow, "wasn't this some sort of lesson?"

"It was."

"Okay... but you do know firing me doesn't affect me right."

Helen smiled as if she was hoping I'd say that.

"Oh it does," she utters mockingly, "now you'll have to get your lazy ass up and go apply for a real job somewhere else. Hows that for a lesson?"

She left looking pleased with herself and I groaned bitterly. Helen had obviously wanted to teach me a lesson and this one was definitely a lesson received. I'd end up way more miserable especially if I had to actually talk to people instead of scowling and ignoring them.

I hadn't heard Victor's voice since a couple hours ago, I should assume he was out too. That left me alone with Adam the idiot, and his cronies. Could this day get any worst? Of course it will if I have to see Blade. I was feeling even more miserable than usual which is a new blow. The time on the alarm clock flashed a giant number one, and I frowned and got out of bed and walked to the shower.