Elephants and confessions

Justine

We arrived in Alex's and Patricks' apartment and I put all my stuff in the guest room. After a shower we all sat in the dining room and enjoyed ourselves during an amazing lunch. The last time we saw each other was a month ago, because I went back home over Christmas and after that straight to New York.

I was really tired but they had so much to tell me about the wedding. "You promised us to sing this song, remember? We organized a piano, so you can't say no!" Patrick said and I took a deep breath. "Yeah, I guess then I will sing this song to you! It's me present for you guys!" I answered. I really love singing. But I am nervous just thinking about it. It's different singing in a karaoke bar, where nobody knows you. I really know a lot people of this wedding. But I promised them.

The afternoon passed by quickly. I went to see two former co-workers and I recognized how much I already have missed these people. After dinner I put on a shirt and pants and snuggled in my bed. It was early, just around 8 pm. But I was so tired and all I wanted was some sleep.

I grab my phone and see a message from an unknown number.  I smile and open it.

Demi: "Hi Justine, it's Demi! Hope you arrived safely at your friends place? ;)"

Justine: "Hi! Yes, I did. How are you?"

Demi: "Good, thanks. So. About tomorrow. You sure you wanna go?"

Justine: "Of course I want to go. Did I tell you that elephants are my favorite animals? Can't wait to see them!"

Demi: "I don't even know if they have elephants!"

Justine: "Oh, then I don't wanna go!"

Demi: "??"

Justine: "Just joking! Where shall we meet?"

Demi: "Really funny! Haha ;) Let's meet at the entrance. About 10 am?"

Justine: "I'll be there! It's going to be a funny day!"

Demi: "Yes, see you tomorrow, good night!"

Justine: "Good night!" 

And with that I fell asleep.

Next morning

Demi

I woke up kind of early and after breakfast and a shower I stood in between my clothes not sure what I should wear today. My roommate smiled at me. Finally I choose a nice outfit for me and after make up and hair I said bye to the girls of the sober living house I'm staying at. I was nervous. Shall I tell her who I really am?  I drove to the zoo and walked to the entrance. Justine was already there. She smiled at me and hugged me tight.

"So nice to see you again!" she said and after we bought our tickets we entered the zoo. I was nervous because of paps, but so far I couldn't see any of them. And there weren't a lot of people here. Old couples walking around. Kids in their strollers with their nannies or moms, but no one seemed to recognize me yet.

"So Miss Demi, there are elephants here. I just found out. And at 11 pm they are having a training demonstration that I don't want to miss." Justine says and winks at me. "Alright Miss Justine, then let us get started with this tour!" I say to her and grab her arm. She laughs and after an hour, where we saw koalas, zebras, flamingos and the orangutans we finally arrived at the elephants of asia. Justine and I are searching for a good place to watch them. She is kind of excited what is really adorable. She looks like a four year old, standing on her toes to see them better. I laugh at her. "What? Why do you laugh at me?" she asks looking me in the eyes. She puts a strand of her blonde, long hair behind her ear. Her eyes are beautiful. Blue- greyish and it seems like she can look straight to your heart and soul. "I guess you are like one of your kids from kindergarten. I'm sure they really love you! You are so excited!" I tell her. She smiles at me. "Of course I'm excited. I don't see elephants every day, you know? They don't live in the forests in Austria!" She smirks at me. "And yes, kids are loving me, because I'm super cool. You haven't find that out yet?"