Soulmate

July 2012

Demi

"I am staying!" Justine answers me and I start to scream, coming over to her side of the table and pulling her in an amazing hug. She looks surprised with my reaction, but finally relaxes in my embrace.

I am so happy right now. I can't really describe my feelings. She wants to stay, oh my god. I hug her in this café and just want to kiss her in front of all those people. But I force myself not to. I don't want to confuse Justine. I decide to keep my feelings for myself for now. Maybe that's for the best. I just don't want to loose her as my friend and soulmate.

D: "Why this decision?" We sit down again finishing our breakfast. J: "I don't know. I can't tell you. It just feels right and I was listening to my heart. I am sure that these two years are going to be absolutely amazing. And I will enjoy them. I don't want to worry about my future. I just want to live in the moment. I will see what happens in two years." D: "I am so happy you are staying! And that you are going to live so close! I can see you more often!"  J: "Well, I am happy too! I can't wait for this new chapter in "The Justine Stevens - story"".

Justine

Demi is hyper right now. I've never seen her so pumped before. She is smiling the whole time. What a cute girl! I am happy with my decision, I really am. I think these two years are going to be full of new experiences, new friends and adventures. I can't wait to for them to start.

But I have tons of things to do right now. First telling my family and friends about my decision. I am extremely afraid! Especially for calling Jody! She is going to be super upset and sad. And my mom, I don't really want to imagine her reaction. Of course I have to call Elisabeth. I also have to search for an apartment in LA. And I have to fix everything with University. I am so thankful that Elisabeth promised to help me with all of that. Let's get it started.

Demi

After breakfast Justine brought me back to the hotel. Lot's of paps were waiting there. So we decided to hide in a shop two streets away from the hotel. I looked like crap after that night in the swing and I didn't want to see pictures of that. I called Max and he picked me up. Justine waited with me till he had arrived. "See you around!" I said to her with my happiest smile. "Bye girl!" she answered.

The next days were filled with work. Interviews, photo shoots and of course concerts for my summer tour. But I was so happy. The only thing I hated was that I wasn't able to help Justine organizing everything for her move to LA.

Justine

My last week in New York was bitter sweet. I loved my time here. Especially the fact that I was so close to my cuties Emily and Amy. I saw them almost twice a week. My goodbye's in kindergarten were so touching too. The kids sang me a cute song and my co-workers organized a little party. It was so lovely.

Now I am staying with Alex and Patrick in LA. I need to find an apartment before I fly back to Austria for the whole August. Mom and Jody were really, well how to say it nice, pissed. Both didn't talk to me a couple of days. At least they gave in. But I had to promise them to come home twice a year. Most of the other family members seemed to be ok with it, also my friends.

I met Elisabeth to sign my new labor contract. I am now allowed to stay here in America. We also started planning the new class and how we are going to organize it. We both decided to start with the class with October. So we have enough time to get everything ready in September when I am back from Austria.

The next thing was searching for a new home. The last two days were so frustrating. I was viewing tons of apartments. I tried my best to search for them via internet and newspapers. But I didn't find an appropriate one. They were too small, too big, too messy, too expansive, too shabby. Or they were in an area too far away from my new work. So I paid a real estate agency to help me. They showed me two more apartments I really didn't like at all. But the third one was almost perfect. First of all it is in Sherman Oaks. I can walk to the kindergarten in 15 minutes. From the entrance you immediately get into the living room. It is a really bright and cosy apartment and has hardwood floors. There are big floor-to-ceiling windows in the living room and dining room. There was also a big terrace with a stunning view. The kitchen is really nice and modern. There is also a guest bathroom and a little office. In the living room there is the stairway up to a little gallery leading you to the bedroom, a second bathroom and the guestroom. I love it. But I was really shocked when the realtor told my the price! You can construct a lovely house in my hometown with this amount of money. Unbelievable! They are crazy. But time presses and I like this apartment. So I signed the purchase agreement. The first time I am kind of happy, that money is no consideration in my life.

Alex and Patrick helped me getting new furniture and promised me to organize everything for me when I am in Austria. What amazing friends!

My last item on my list was University. I enrolled at UCLA and was overwhelmed about the campus. You can't describe it with the University in Vienna. It is huge and really amazing here. I am sure I will love it. It was kind of difficult to find the right office, but Iris, a friend, helped me. "Human Development and Psychology" - This master course will keep me busy for the next two years.  And again I was shocked because of the costs! Wow, education is so expansive here. You hardly pay anything in Austria! Most of the costs are paid from the government. Students only pay about 500 $ for each semester!

 I was so exhausted at the end of the week. But finally I managed to organize everything I had planned. And tomorrow I am going to see Demi again, before I fly back to Austria. I can't wait!

Demi

My summer tour is amazing. I really enjoy my time on stage and also at the meet&greets. But I have a weekend off now and I can't wait to see my family and friends again. Justine is leaving tomorrow but she will come back in four weeks. I still can't describe how happy I am because she is staying.

I had endless talks with Marissa and Matt. I told them about my feelings for her and both promised me to keep their mouths shut. Of course they tried to persuade me to tell Justine te truth. But I am too afraid to loose her as a friend. I want to see how things develop when she is back in LA. It's not the right time yet.

"So, what are your plans for Austria?" Marissa asks Justine. We are in a restaurant for lunch, enjoying our last afternoon before she has to go to the airport. First I was kind of disappointed that I couldn't spend it with her alone, but I am happy for her, that my friends like her as well. J: "I haven't seen friends and family since Christmas, some of them even since last summer. I just want to hug them, kiss them, hang with them. There is so much I wanna tell them about this amazing year in America, about you guys! I can't wait to see my nieces and nephews, Lucas and Jody. And I have so much to organize because of my move. I don't think that I'll get bored even once!" Matt: "We are going to miss you soooo much!" J: "Oh, that's so cute. I will miss you too, but I am back soon and then you'll have to get along with me for at least two years.!" "I hope we have to get along with you much longer!" I say to her and she blushes. God, she is so cute.

We all come along with her to the airport. I decide to stay in the car because of paps. Matt and Marissa get out of the car. Marissa winks at me and smiles. I try to ignore her, knowing exactly what she is thinking.

I feel my eyes tear up. Justine looks at me with her beautiful eyes, making me feel weak. "Don't cry, sweet girl!" she says and hugs me. "I'll be back sooner as you can imagine! And I promised you to Skype with you! You can call and text me any time, because you are able to afford it!" She tries to make me laugh. "I will miss you terribly!" I sob. "I know, I am fabulous!" she says and this time I can't hold back a laughter, "Yes you are!"  J: "Enjoy the rest of your tour and take care of yourself! I don't want to worry about you, ok?"  D: "Ok, I promise you! Justine,... I wanna thank you for... for everything!" 

J: "You don't have to. I like you Demi, more than you know! You are such an incredible friend for me and I am honored to have you in my life!" D: "Soulmate?"  J: "Soulmate! I mean seriously Demi, we met six months ago and I trust you like I've known you forever. There was this strong connection from the start, I've never experienced before. And I think the development of our connection is at the beginning. You bring peace, calmness and happiness around me and I love spending time with you. It's like I can tell you every secret of my life, every irrelevant thing, the important news. And even if we are just laying next to each other in silence I feel so satisfied. You are so special for me and I am happy, that you are doing so well now. I can't wait for everything to come!" 

I start to cry. These words are the most beautiful words anyone ever told me. All I want right now is to tell her how much I love her, how much I need her, how much I want to stay at her side. This girl makes me discover feelings I have never felt before and I love them. I love her! "Thank you so much! You can't even imagine how much you mean to me!" She hugs me one last time and I try to breath in her stunning scent. She kisses my cheek and my forehead, making me melt. "Bye beautiful!"  "Bye gorgeous!" she says and gets out of the car.