Should I stay or should I go?

Justine

Elisabeth gave me some time to think about everything she told me last week. She offered me an employment contract as a language assistant, again. But now for two years, not only five months. She wants to start a German speaking class for children between 3 and 5. She wants to pay more wages than last time. During those two years I have to start with University again to get another Master degree. Elisabeth wants me to work as an official and qualified kindergarten teacher in the US and I can decide if I want to renew my contract after those two years or search for a new job. She promised me flexible working hours so that I can attend all lectures at University. I asked her why she wants to do that for me. She can find qualified teachers everywhere. She just smiled at me and said "I know, but we want you! It is not easy to find a native speaking and qualified teacher like you are! You bring so much joy and passion with you." I felt so honored and got really emotional. 

I feel like I am caught in the middle. I have all possibilities back in Austria. I can start working in a class as soon as I am back and not only as an assistant. With my Master degree they will probably take me immediately. And I worked really hard to get there. And now I should start with that again? I should leave family and friends for at least another two years? I am not sure if I want that.

I talked a lot about that with my family and friends. Well, the opinions are divided. My mom started crying, I guess, she wouldn't be that happy if I decide to stay in America. Dad was kind of relaxed and loyal. As always. He survived seven daughters all through puberty. And that was definitely no bed of roses. He always keeps his cool. I don't think anyone of us girls can really shock him anymore. He has lot's of stories to tell. Once he thought about releasing a "How to survive this" book for fathers. Maybe my decision is worth it's own chapter. 

My sisters decision about my next two years ended with a 3:3. My oldest sister Isabel bawled at me through the webcam. I was kind of sure that I would be able to hear her over from Europe if I had opened my window. She managed to wake up my niece though. Christina is a flight attendant, her husband pilot. They love travelling, of course. She is very understanding and motivated me to take this chance. Miriam was also very calm. She is the sassiest of all of us. Hyper, funny, active and always good for a surprise. I only had to promise her to take her to the Hollywood walk of fame if she comes over to visit me.  Karoline was very excited. She lived in Ottawa for two years with her husband Tim and my nephew Felix. Tim was working there for the Austrian embassy. My little nephew Sebastian is even born in Canada. She loved her time abroad. She told me to see it as a big chance and that two years won't last forever. They moved back to Austria last summer and don't regret their time in Canada. Sophie thought I wanted to play a joke on her. She didn't really believe my story. Franziska was very supportive in her own way. She said "When you come back to Austria to pick up all of your stuff, I will lock you into the basement."

Jody was mad at me and ended the Skype talk without saying goodbye. She called me three days later, tears streaming down her face and begging me to come home. Lucas jumped on the couch and started yodeling. I guessed he liked the idea of me staying in America, because he and his boyfriend are moving to Los Angeles next autumn. Mitch got a musical role here in America starting with October and Lucas is able to stay at the same record label as a sound technician but only in America instead of Vienna.

Wonderful, I am as wise as before. I haven't talked with anyone of my friends here in America because I kind of have a feeling what the would say to me. Elisabeth wants to have my answer with the beginning of July. So there is some time left to think about it.

Demi

I am in the middle of the XF auditions and I really love this new job so much! It is funny and I love watching people fighting for their big dreams. There are incredibly talented people and I am proud to help them to achieve their goal. Well, there are some really bad people too, but that's what makes it so hilarious. Of course it's a lot of work too, I am travelling through America and do interviews. I am in permanent contact with my family and friends, my team is constantly with me.