Why it is what it is

Demi

"Megan, you are not my girlfriend!"

My jaw just drops to the floor. I am standing there next to the sink of the restroom seeing Justine and Megan next to each other. I feel like losing the ground and try to clutch the sink. What did she just say? I can't believe it.

And from the way Megan looks at this moment, she can't either. To be honest? Right now I feel for her. Tears are building up in her eyes, she is shaking and wants to say something, but no words are leaving her mouth. Finally Justine grabs her hands and looks at her.

J: "I am so sorry Megan, but you are not my girlfriend and never will be!" Justine’s sounds ashamed. She was whispering this sentence and looked on the floor.
M: "Justine! What did I do? Why..."  Her voice breaks and she starts to cry. Justine pulls her into a hug and strokes her back. She looks at me and smiles shyly. I feel terrible at the moment. And I’ve never been so confused in my life before. What does that mean? Why did she say that to her?
M: "Is it because of her?"  Megan looks at me and turns back to Justine. Is it because of me? I don’t know where to look.

Justine doesn't know what to say. This situation is so weird right now. I am nervous as hell, my knees are weak. I want to hear that answer too! But Justine doesn't say a word.

M: "So it is! Why did you lie to me? Why? I love you so much!"  With that she lets go of Justine and leaves the restroom.
J: "Megan! Wait!"  Justine runs after her, but before she leaves too, she grabs my hand and looks into my eyes. She just smiles at me and leaves me alone.  A shy smile, but a smile that takes my breath away, again!

Justine

I run after Megan and never felt so guilty in my life before. I know that she loves me. She told me so often. Megan risked a lot to be with me. She came out although her parents are not supporting the gay community. But she fought and at least they are respecting her now.
Megan would have done anything for me to make me happy. She is an incredible girl, I like her so much. I enjoy being with her, spending my time with her. But she is not the one I want to spend the rest of my life with. And she deserves someone that loves her as much as she loves this one person. But I am not supposed to be that! I need to tell her that now.

A week later

Lucas

Last week was almost as I thought it would be. What a night!

We were all waiting in the green room for Megan, Demi and Justine to return. I betted with Mitch which one of the girls will run out first. Sadly both of us lost, because no one thought it would be Megan. She was crying hysterically and tears were streaming down her face. That was honestly so sad to see. She just rushed away and ran towards the entry calling someone on her phone. Not a long time after that Justine came after her. She looked like someone died. Her face was completely pale, she was fighting against her tears. 
I just grabbed her hand and hugged her. She started to cry immediately and asked me and Mitch to drive her to Megan’s apartment. Of course we did that, I would do anything for my little cupcake! On the way to the apartment she told me everything that had happened in the restroom. I didn’t say anything, it wouldn’t have helped her.

Three hours later there was a knock at our apartment door. It was Justine. Mitch already knew that this would happen so he moved into the guest room. She changed into one of my shirts, surprisingly it was my spongebob one. She didn’t say a word until she was snuggled against me. I held her close to me and stroked her back.

J: “It was horrible Lucas! She is so disappointed and sad!”
L: “Just tell me what happened! I will listen and we will talk about it!”

Justine