The big bang

Thank you so much for reading, voting and commenting my story. I still can't really believe all of the response! It means everything to me! Hope, you'll like this chapter, though there is drama coming up! THANK YOU!

Justine

I was so worried about her. Why isn't she answering my calls? I even tried it during work when I excused myself to go to the toilet. No answer, no fuck you, no sorry I'm busy, no nothing.

I am in my flat pretending to do some housework when I hear my phone from the kitchen. Hoping that it is Demi I look at the display and my heart nearly stops beating. It is 5 pm here in New York so it is about 11 pm in Austria. My mom is calling me and I know that this is an emergency.

What she told me confirmed my worry. I felt like I was loosing the ground. I curl up on my couch and tears are streaming down my face. I never felt so sad, lonely and desperate. I can't stop crying and two hours later I hear a knock on the door. I think about ignoring it but there is a second knock and I get myself up to open the door.

"What are you doing here?" I say and Demi pulls me into a hug.

Demi

I never saw her like that before. Her facial expression was so sad and her eyes red from crying. I really hope she isn't in that condition because of me. And I really hope that she doesn't notice that I had a drink not long ago. I brushed my teeth to hide the smell but who could know?

I guide her to her bed and pull her close to me. She can't stop crying and I am just unable to cope with this situation. I don't know what to do. "What happened Justine?"  She just shakes her head unable to speak so I start playing with her hair and dry her tears with my thumb. I rub her back, drawing circles on it, holding her close. I feel her tears on my neck. Slowly she calms down.

"Can you tell me what happened?" I ask her again. Justines turns on her back, staring to the ceiling with her sad eyes.

"I very good friend of mine commited sucide." Immediately I feel tears running down my face. "I'm so sorry Justine! I don't know what to say!" and it was true. What can you say to someone at such a sad moment. "Do you want to talk about it?"

Justine

I was so suprised to see her standing outside my door. First I wanted to yell at her because she didn't answer any of my texts or phone calls. But then I just fell into her arms hoping that she can comfort me. Laying there in my bed, my head on her chest is exactly what I need right now.

"His name is... was Julian. I know him since kindergarten. He was the boy everyone liked immediately. Friendly, funny, patient, hard working. A smart guy. One time, I think we were about 7 or 8, we both decided to learn how to skydive. We stiched some blankets together and climbed up to the roof. I was so afraid so he decided to jump first. He grabed the "parachute" and jumped! Needless to say that he broke both of his arms and I didn't jump after him. I visited him a few days later with tears in my eyes. "Why are you crying? Everything is ok. I'm the one with a cast. We will try it again. Maybe we need a smaller parachute." was all he said. He was fearless and brave. When he was around 18 he told me that he suffered from depression. I couldn't really believe that. He was the one that always brought everybody to laugh. He joked around with everyone and his sense of humour was amazing. The last time I saw him was last christmas. He looked better and told me that he was doing fine. I don't understand why nobody knew how he was really feeling. That he didn't talk to anyone to get help."

"Maybe he didn't want to get help and wanted to get through it alone!" Demi answered and I knew that she wasn't only talking about Julian. We were talking for a long time, she tried her best to calm me down.