Bring it to light

October 2012

Justine

I haven't seen Demi for over two weeks now and I am missing her. She was in Las Vegas with some of her friends and her management decided to fly to Brazil straight from Vegas, because she had two concerts and some promo stuff to do. The weird thing is, that she seemed to avoid contact with me. We texted each other, but it was always me that started with writing, she only replied. There were no phone calls and that was very unusual for her. 

At least everything between Megan and I is amazing. She is adorable and we try to spend a lot of our time together. We are not officially together yet. I know that she wants us to be, there were some obvious hints coming from her, but I am not ready yet. I want to get to know her better before I am alright for the next step. 

We are on our way to the movie theater to see Pitch Perfect. I am carrying our food, Megan holds our drinks as we enter the cinema hall to get to our seats. The advertisement is starting and Megan lays an arm around my shoulder. I snuggle up against her, kissing her cheek and intertwine our hands. 

The movie hasn’t started yet when suddenly someone taps my shoulder from behind. I turn my head and recognize Marissa smiling at me. I haven’t seen her in a while too. That is so exciting, I like this girl! I stand up to hug her just to receive a lot of looks from people around us, because we are both  squeaking with pleasure . It seems like she is happy to see me too.  “Cool down folks! The movie hasn’t even started yet. Relax and take a sip of your drink!“ I earn even more grumpy looks with that, but I don’t really care. It is just so nice to see Marissa again.

M: “How are you doing? Haven’t heard a lot from you recently!“  
J: “I am fine! Really fine. This is my… Well this is Megan! Megan this is Marissa, Demi’s best friend!“  Megan gets up to shake Marissa's hand before she is sitting down again. Megan doesn’t look very pleased with my introduction. But I just need my time to take one step after the other.
M: “Demi is missing you, Justine!”
J: “Really? I don’t believe that. She doesn’t seem to enjoy our conversations a lot recently. They got so superficial and it is… I don’t know, it is different. Is she doing fine? I mean, how is her recovery doing? I miss her too!”    

Marissa

God, she has no idea. I can’t believe that. It is so obvious that Demi is head over heels in love with her. She blushes every single time when Justine is saying anything cute. Demi's looks towards her, I mean there are hearts flying out of her eyes and ears. Everyone needs an umbrella to cover oneself, but Justine is extremely blond. Demi acts so nervous when Justine is around, smiling the whole time. Justine is definitely blind.

And I had to promise Demi not to tell her anything. Not a little hint. I want to tie them together or lock them in a room, so that no one is able to escape. There must be something I can do though. Demi and I are on the phone every day. She is still really hurt and sad. She is just so in love with Justine and her heart is broken. The problem is that she is avoiding the problem. She doesn’t really talk a lot about her feelings towards Justine anymore. But I know her good enough that I can read between the lines.

M: “You know what? Why don’t you come over next Saturday evening and we will cook dinner together. I mean Demi, Matt, you and I. Oh and Megan you are invited too!”  Urgh, that might be interesting. But I have to invite her too, right?  Megan nods super pissed and says in a too sweet voice “Sure, why not. Honey, that would be lovely. Expect us to come.”  

Honey? Seriously, they are so far already? Justine's cheeks turn red, she looks embarrassed.    

J: “Yeah, sure. We will come! Send me the details, ok?“