Happy reunion?

Justine

J: "Demi?"  I can't really believe that she is calling me.    D: "Hey!"  There is an awkward silence. My heart is beating really fast right now. I don't know what to say. And she doesn't know neither.            D: "How... how are you Justine? Everything ok?"   J: "I am not really sure to be honest. Tell me if everything is ok!" I try to sound aggrieved.  D: "I'm sorry, Justine!" she whispers and hangs up.

 Demi

I knew it. She is still mad at me. I feel tears running down my face. I am heartbroken. What did I do? I fall on my pillow and sob.  

Five minutes later my phone is ringing again. I look at the screen. A picture of our Zoo trip appears aswell as the name JUSTINE. I answer the phone.

J: "Why did you hang up?"  D: "Because I thought you don't want to talk with me. You sounded so hurt! And I am the reason for it." I am sure she can hear me crying.  Justine sighs and says "I am hurt, well was hurt. Seeing you there and doing that to yourself after you have told me so often that you want to get help was... I don't know. That broke my heart Demi! You mean so much to me and I was so afraid to loose you!"  D: "I know. And I am so sorry. I don't know what to tell you that you are able to forgive me!"  J: "Sweetie the only thing I've ever wanted is that you forgive yourself and start loving you!"  D: "I try that every day! And I am feeling so much better! I am sober since the day I saw you for the last time! Six fucking weeks!"  Justine starts sobbing "I am so proud of you! Oh my god Demi! Great news! But,..."  D: "What?"  J: "Why didn't you call me?"   D: "I tried so hard to stay sober and I was fighting against my problems but I wasn't totally sure that I can do that. I didn't want to disappoint you again. Weeks past by and I knew that I was strong enough but at that moment I was too afraid to call you. I thought you don't want to talk with me anymore!"  J: "You thought that? Demi, I missed you so much and couldn't wait for you to call me!"   D: "I missed you too! And I want to see you!"   J: "You know what? I can make that happen."  D: "What do you mean?"  J: "Remember the little rock at the coast with this beautiful view to LA? Meet me there in 2 hours!"

I am confused, overwhelmed and happy at the same time. Why is she here in Los Angeles?

Justine

I can't really describe my feelings right now. I am so proud of her and can't stop smiling. I knew she can do that! And I thank god that he brought her back! That she finally called me and that I have her back. My soulmate, my friend, my Demi! That's what she is for me.

I am in LA since yesterday. My kindergarten is on  holidays for a week and I promised my friends here to come back to LA. I am staying with Alex and Patrick. What a remarkable coincidence that Demi just called today!

I borrow a picnic basket  from Alex and Patrick, some blankets and their car and drive to the next grocery store. I buy fresh fruit, bread, butter and cheese. I take some water and orange juice and put it all in the basket to park it in the trunk. I can't wait to see her!

Demi

It is around 1 pm, the sun is shining and I can't wait to hug her and see her again! I see the little parking lot and a car. Justine is next to it sitting on the fence. Her hair falls loose over her shoulders curled naturally and she is wearing a floral print dress, sandals and sunglasses. Wow, she is so beautiful.

I get out of the car and she walks towards me. She stands there in front of me and starts smiling. It is a special moment. Nobody says anything. We are just looking into each others eyes. A second later I jump into her hug and she holds me tight. "Hello!"  "Hey!"  What a feeling! I am so happy.