homeless

recommended by @vhelle1d
(i changed the plot a little)

jughead had told his dad with confidence that he knew where he would go after the drive-in was shut down but in all honesty he had no idea where he would go.

after hours of walking around and looking for an at least semi comfortable place to stay, jughead gave up and decided to see if archie would let him stay at his place. it was a stretch to ask that because their friendship was still rebuilding itself but he didn't know what else to do.

as jughead walked up to archie's front door he felt butterflies began to attack his stomach. he was nervous that archie wouldn't want him to stay. but he sucked it up and knocked on the door. archie unlocked the door and smiled a little half smile.

"hey jughead. what's up?" he asked.

"i uh, i need a place to stay. just for a little while and i promise i'll be out of your hair as soon as possible." jughead said.

"of course you can stay here if that's what you're asking, but uh, why can't you stay at your house. what's going on there?" archie asked cluelessly.

"archie, i'm, im homeless. i don't have a home. well i did, the drive-in but that's being torn down" jughead sighed.

archie's demeanor softened and you could tell he felt sorry for jughead.

"come in" archie said, taking jughead up to his room.

they both sat on archie's bed in an awkward silence for a few minutes before archie said.

"so that's why you were so intent on keeping the drive in, cuz you lived there?"

"yea" jughead said quietly, looking down at his hands and playing with his sleeves.

"this is all my fault. if i would've known i could've helped and you would still have a place to stay. even though that's not the best place to stay at all. jughead how do you eat? are you hungry? do you need food?" archie said all at once.

"archie, i'm fine. i have a job and buy my own food" jughead said with a fake smile.

"ok. but where's your dad during all of this?" archie asked concerned.

"he's uh, into gang stuff so i don't really see him much. i'm on my own." jughead sighed.

archie's heart broke at the last part
jughead didn't know it but it hurt archie's heart so much to know that jughead was struggling on his own with not even his dad to help him. and he couldn't help but think that he was a terrible friend. even though their friendship was still rebuilding itself, he still felt he needed to be there for jughead through his rough times. but he wasn't.

"i'm a terrible friend." archie said quietly.

"no you're not."

"i am though. i should've been there for you."

"you're here for me now."

"that's not good enough, i'm not good enough."

"that is good enough archie. you're good enough. you're great. i know we had our rough patch but that doesn't make you terrible or not good enough." jughead said.

"i don't deserve you." archie sighed, completely ignoring what jughead said
"cmon archie don't be like that. i wouldn't be who i am without you. you were and, you are still my best friend. we deserve each other."

"jughead, i think i love you." archie said frowning as if he were still trying to figure that out.

"you think so?" jughead asked raising an eyebrow.

archie nodded but his face still looked like he was confused about his feelings.

"jughead, am i gay?" archie asked
"i don't know, that's a question for you to answer." jughead said.

archie just stared at the wall deep in thought.

"you could be bisexual" jughead suggested.

"yea, yea i could be. can i kiss you?"
the question kinda took jughead by surprise and he thought about it.

after a few seconds of thinking jughead nodded his head yes and archie sat closer to him on the bed. archie slowly leaned in and attached their lips in a soft kiss. the kiss was short but there was no doubt that they both felt something during the kiss.

"yea, i'm bisexual" archie said laughing.

"i think i am too." jughead said also laughing.

their laughs died down until there was nothing but the sound of their breaths.

"so, what's gonna happen, between us?" archie said.

"i don't know, we're barely becoming friends again, better yet boyfriends" jughead said with a chuckle.

"you're right. so,we can talk. become best friends again and then we'll see where it goes from there?" archie asked.

"sounds good." jughead smiled.

after that they talked all night. catching up on things that happened while they weren't friends. archie sang jughead some songs and attempted to teach him how to play guitar.

they laughed all night. it was great. they both missed being friends like this but didn't wanna admit it, and now they finally have. at the end of the night when they were tired of singing and strumming and dancing and laughing they decided to go to sleep, with jughead lying comfortably on archie's chest.

a/n: ok so i have some ideas for these oneshots but i need more so suggestions are needed :)