kissing booth

(THIS IS THE FULL THING THIS TIME)

a/n: this is somewhat inspired by the netflix original and is sort of au

THIS IS HONESTLY KIND OF CUTE AND I HOPE YOU GUYS ENJOY

the riverdale high annual school fair had always been one of the biggest highlights of the school year. it was the one thing, other than school dances, that got the majority of the school together to stop stressing over school work and have a good time for a little while. it also gave certain clubs and sports the opportunity to fundraise for themselves and earn some money to use for  their own benefit. this year, the river vixens had decided to create a kissing booth to help them raise money for new uniforms and what not.

at first, it wasn't too hard to find people that were willing to be kissed for the kissing booth, but once they were hit with the reality that they would be blindfolded and could literally be kissed by anyone, they bailed. so the vixens were left with chuck, reggie, kevin, moose, josie, toni, cheryl, betty and a couple other people running the booth. which was ok at first, but over time, less and less people showed up to the booth. cheryl overheard some people say they'd rather eat literal shit than kiss one of the people who were running the kissing booth which aggravated her immensely.

as the attendance at the kissing booth became lesser and lesser, cheryl began to panic.

"we really need those new uniforms, but at this rate we won't even have close to enough money to pay for them." cheryl says as she counted the money that the booth had made so far.

"don't worry about it, we'll figure something out" betty says reassuringly.

"yea? like what?" cheryl questions.

"like him." betty says with a wide grin as she pointed to archie andrews who was playing some game over at another booth.

"what makes you think archie would want to help work our booth? there's no way in hell he would agree to." cheryl says, eyeing the boy as he was collecting the teddy bear he had just won.

"he's my best friend, i'm sure i can convince him." betty says before making her way over to archie.

"good luck" cheryl mumbles.

betty walked over to where archie was standing and hesitated for a moment before approaching him.

"uh, hey archie." betty says awkwardly. betty knew archie very well and knew that the favor she was about to ask him to do was something that he definitely wouldn't agree to.

"oh hey betty, what's up?" archie says.

"not much, actually, i was just wondering if you would maybe, possibly, wanna help the river vixens out by participating in their kissing booth. only if you want to though." betty says.

"participate? like voluntarily get kissed by a bunch of strangers?" archie questions
"can't i catch diseases from that?" he finishes.

"i highly doubt you'll contract any diseases archie, and we really need your help." betty says.

"why don't you just get your brother to help you?" archie asks, gesturing to betty's stepbrother, jughead.

"are you kidding me? does he look like the kind of person who would even consider participating in a kissing booth?" betty asks as she glances at her stepbrother who happened to be playing some game nearby.

"well i'm not doing it." archie says, throwing his hands up in defense.

"c'mon please archie, you're my best friend." betty begs.