ghost of you

a/n: i'm a huge fan of 5sos so this is kinda based off of their song ghost of you just sadder hehe (PLS LISTEN TO THE SONG, YOU'LL UNDERSTAND THE CHAPTER BETTER IF YOU DO.)
p.s. this is real sad, just warning you

jughead's pov

dear archie,

the best part of waking up these days is the split second where i don't remember a thing that happened. the split second where i feel like you're still with me. the split second where i don't feel empty and lost. but once that split second is over, and my body becomes aware that the love of my life is not laying in bed beside me, it's like a cloud of depression begins to hover over me.

i've tried sleeping on your side of the bed to maybe catch even the slightest scent of you that may still be lingering there, but i just can't do it. it somehow makes me feel worse, so i stay on my side.

there hasn't been a night where i haven't dreamed of you. sometimes i force myself to dream of you, because maybe if i dream long enough, you'd tell me i'd be just fine. but it never happens, which hurts. everything hurts, and i hate it. so i drown it out, like i always do and go about my days as if i'm ok.

but i'm feeling exceptionally not ok today. i had a nightmare, the worst nightmare of my life i believe. it was like i relived everything. from the frantic phone call from your father telling me that you were hurt and being rushed to the hospital, to me illegally speeding to get there, then not being allowed to see you for what seemed like forever. but when i did get to see you, god, when i got to see you, my heart stopped. you were injured beyond words description. i remember trying to ask someone, anyone, what happened without breaking down. eventually i found out that you were in a car accident. someone had been texting and driving and ran a red light and your injuries were, unfortunately and unfairly, the outcome. the doctor had informed your parents and i that he was amazed that you were still alive. although you were unconscious, that gave me hope that you would survive. i thought that maybe, just maybe if you survived the harsh impact of that crash, then maybe you would hold on and pull through. so along with your parents, i never left your side to make sure i was there when you woke up. i was surprised the doctors even let me in there to see you, but i guess your parents had told them that i'm family. well...was i guess? i don't know. all i know is that you and i were supposed to get married. i was supposed to be fred and mary's son-in-law, but that was taken away from me.

you passed in a matter of hours and i honestly couldn't even react because i was so in shock. i actually couldn't cry for a good few days because my body refused to accept the fact that you were gone. but now here i am, months later, with tears streaming down my face because of this nightmare that i call my reality. i tried pulling myself out of bed to go do something productive and take my mind off of things, but it's insane how complicated it is to do simple things when you genuinely have no motivation to do them. but eventually, i got out of bed and decided to clean the house to help distract me, considering i haven't even tried cleaning it for months. i've just been so miserable that i couldn't bring myself to do it. for some reason though, today i found enough in me to get up and clean, and it was a good thing i did. because i found your old zeppelin shirt which reminded me of our favorite song.

i grabbed the shirt, which had gathered some dust but besides that, was still in great condition and still smelled like you. i absentmindedly started to dance with the shirt, our favorite zeppelin song silently playing in my head. if anyone had seen me in this moment, they would think i was crazy. but to me, i felt like you were really there, dancing with me.

almost is if, i was dancing through the house, with the ghost of you...

rest in peace my love,

jughead jones

a/n 2: idk why but i kinda love those letters to the dead one shots/stories so i decided to write one, sorry not sorry 😂
BUT ANYWAY, i'm still working on kissing booth pt 2 but i truly don't know how i want it to go :/