closeted (2)

*a/n: you may have to re-read the first part since it's been awhile

jughead was in deep shit now and he had absolutely no idea how to get out of it.

"betty, no. no, i'm not cheating on you. it's just. it's complicated." jughead stutters.

"oh it's complicated huh? doesn't seem too complicated to me. you were kissing him jughead." betty states.

"i know, i know. but it's the first time i've kissed him in a long time." jughead attempts to justify.

"in a long time? so this has happened before?" betty questions.

"no. i mean, yes. but not for years. he, archie, was my first love betty."

"your first love who you just so happened to have run into in australia? this seems like a bunch of bullshit jughead. please make it make sense." betty huffs as she crosses her arms in irritation.

jughead hesitantly looks from archie back to betty.

"ok, well, umm. to keep a long story short, archie and i were together for awhile. we fell in love with each other but, i couldn't commit to him because of my fear of being judged and disowned. so i left him, without a word, for you. because you were there for me and you cared for me and i was confused. i thought what i felt for you was love betty. so i married you, but i guess i the way i love you isn't the same as the way i love him." jughead admits, trailing off at the end as that was hard to say.

tears begin to fall more rapidly down betty's face as she processes what she's hearing.

"i really wish i could love you that way betty. i do so badly, because you deserve to be loved that way." jughead finishes.

"why pretend jughead? why pretend, this whole time, why pretend that i meant as much to you as you mean to me? i'm so in love with you, and you know that. so why would you do this?" betty says through tears.

"it wasn't pretending, it really wasn't. i do care about you, so much. we have so many amazing memories together. memories i wouldn't trade for the world. and i love you so much, but i am just physically incapable of loving you in the way you love me." jughead sighs.

"that's exactly my point. why would you pretend that you could jughead? what good did that do for anyone. you hurt me, i'm sure you hurt him." betty gestures to archie who has been watching in silence.

"this whole time you've been pretending to be someone you're not and for what? to avoid hate? you're better than that jughead and you know there are people who would support you one thousand percent no matter who you love. now you've ruined a marriage and the worst part is, i'm pregnant jughead." betty cries.

"oh my god." archie whispers.

"fuck. you're not pregnant. are you really-"

"yes, i'm carrying your child. i was going to tell you today. that's why i was so adamant about going out, i was gonna make it romantic and tell you in a special place. but fuck that now i guess." betty shrugs. although she was physically collected, anger seeped through her voice.

"i'm-i'm sorry, i had no idea." jughead says, dumbstruck.

"of course you didn't. you know what, just forget it. this is a waste of my time. you are a waste of my time. i hate you!" betty snaps and removes her wedding ring before throwing it at jughead.

"keep that, we're done. forever. i never want to see or hear from you again, and say goodbye to your child because you'll never see it either. i wish you two the best of luck in life but i'm not gonna be around to see how it goes. i'll have the divorce papers mailed to you." betty finishes before storming out of the break room.

jughead stands frozen in shock. his brain could not catch up with the events that just took place. it was as if the world as he knew it had just came tumbling down in a rapid downfall, unable to be stopped and unable to be fixed.

"jughead?" archie whispers as he stands and lightly places a hand jughead's shoulder.

jughead jumps and shrugs archie's hand off.

"please, don't touch me. i'm sorry, i can't do this." jughead says as he turns to look archie in the eyes.

"i get it. you need time. i'll wait for you." archie says sincerely.

"no, i mean i can't do this at all archie. i love you, a heart aching amount. but i think it's best if we just don't try to pursue this. look at what it's done. i'm a father, a fucking father, and i'll never get to see my child." jughead says, a few stray tears running down his cheeks.

"you don't mean that, you just need time. i promise, you just need time." archie tries but to no amend.

"time won't fix this archie. as much i'd love it to, my guilt won't let it." jughead sighs.

"jughead stop. we can fix this, we can." archie pushes.

"i'm sorry archie." jughead says before placing a light peck on archie's lips and leaving the room.

now archie felt like his whole world had crumbled around him and he had no idea how to even begin to rebuild it.

a/n: parts one and two of this are probably the most dramatic oneshots i've ever written but they're honestly so fun to write, hope you enjoyed.

ALSO, IM SO SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING IN FOREVER. I'LL TRY AND DO BETTER BUT NO PROMISES LOL.