i don't break promises

a/n: this is au just like pretty much everything else i write sksks

it has been awhile since archie and jughead have last seen or even talked to each other. after high school, the two best friends tried their hardest to stay in touch but eventually they just drifted apart and went their separate ways.

archie went on to become a professional boxer and is extremely good at it. he has trained like crazy to get where he is and is currently the reigning heavyweight champion of the world. anyone who knows anything about boxing knows that archie andrews is not someone to be messed with. he is undefeated and worth more than most celebrities out there.

although not exactly as rich and famous, jughead became a big shot as well. after high school he went to college and majored in journalism. not too long after he graduated from college, jughead wrote and published a nobel prize winning book that ended up being turned into a movie which he got to direct. the movie was a chart topper and the book a bestseller, earning jughead a ton of coin. he is now one of the richest authors in the world.

the two were torn apart by their busy lifestyles and any outsiders looking in on the two of them would have never expected them to meet again. but life works in crazy ways sometimes and in this case, it happened to do just that.

not only did archie and jughead become rich hot shots, but so did veronica and betty. veronica expanded upon her father's business and eventually became a multimillionaire with betty as her wife and partner in crime sharing the proceeds. veronica decided that it would be nice to throw a huge party for betty's 30th so indeed she did and she just so happened to invite archie and jughead. neither veronica nor betty had spoken to archie or jughead in quite some time but veronica really wanted to see the gang all back together again, hence the reason why she invited archie and jughead. upon receiving the invitations, archie and jughead were both shocked. they were also both a bit hesitant on going to the party considering it had been a hot minute since they had seen b and v and they didn't know what to expect. but nevertheless, the two ended up rsvp'ing for the party.

the party was held at betty and veronica's lavish mansion in los angeles. anyone who's anyone was there. the gigantic house was crowded with a bunch of a-list celebrities who had more money than they knew what to do with. there was not a single person seen in anything other than an overpriced dress or an extremely expensive tux, it was quite a sight to see. jughead pulled up wearing one of his best suits with his hair slicked back, his face clean shaven, and a shiny new pair of shoes to go with it all. he was nervous but equally as excited to see his old friends that he had once adored so much. he arrived at the gate of the mansion that separated the home from the outside world and was let in by what seemed to be a bouncer who checked his id and made sure he was on the list. as soon as jughead walked into the house he was greeted by the smell of alcohol, loud music, and a bunch of celebrities throwing ass to said music. hey, just because they're rich and famous doesn't mean they're always classy.

after a few minutes of aimlessly wandering around and chatting with a few familiar faces, jughead found betty and veronica.

"oh my god! jughead!" both betty and veronica yell in unison as they approach jughead and suffocate him in a huge hug.

"hey you two, it's been forever." jughead says with a smile as the three pull away from the hug.

"right? i'm still upset you couldn't make it to the wedding." betty says holding up her left hand to show off her ring.

"i know, i know. i'm sorry. i was so pissed that my movie premiere fell on the same day. but i'm sure you two were absolutely beautiful and the wedding was too."

"oh it definitely was. and don't stress over it, your movie was phenomenal by the way. we definitely saw it at least five times." veronica says.

"i saw it six times." says a voice from a short distance away.

"archie!" the two women gush again in unison now embracing archie in a suffocating hug after he had made it over to the them.

for some odd reason, jughead's heart began to race. archie had aged very nicely. he was muscular but not in a way that made him look weird, he had grown a bit of facial hair that framed his face very well, and he no longer had red but instead a nice dark brown head of hair on his head. jughead couldn't help but be in awe of the man standing in front of him.

"well are you just gonna stand there and stare jughead? come here dude." archie says before embracing jughead in a bro hug.

"long time no see archie, good to see you aged well" jughead laughs.

"i could say the same for you." archie laughs as well.

"i can't believe it's really been twelve years since we've all seen each other." veronica says as she shakes her head.

"i know it's crazy, we all just got too caught up in becoming rich and famous." archie chuckles and so do the others.

"well, we should go greet our other guests but we'll catch up with you two later, yea?" betty says.

"of course" jughead agrees and archie agrees as well then the two wives went on their way.

"this is crazy. just like old times, like we never skipped a beat." archie smiles.

"i know right? i honestly expected seeing you guys again to be extremely awkward but nope, it feels just like how it used to be." jughead says.

after a few minutes of casual conversation and the two man catching each other up on everything that had been going on in one another's lives archie gestured for jughead to come move with him to a nearby couch so that he could tell jughead something.

"what's up?" jughead asks once they're situated on the couch.

"do you remember, years ago, on the last day of school what we promised each other? because i haven't been able to stop thinking about it lately" archie says.

jughead really had to turn the gears in his brain to remember what archie was talking about but eventually it clicked.

"oh my god, yes i do. wait, were you serious?" jughead questions, very confused.

"i was as serious as a heart attack. a promise is a promise and i don't break promises." archie shrugs.

"oh wow, ok well. i'm assuming you're single then?" jughead asks

"i am, and i'm hoping to god you are too."

" you're in luck, because i am."

"well, you know what that means? we said that if we're both single by thirty then we..." archie stops mid sentence hinting for jughead to continue.

"have to date each other and see if it works out." jughead finishes.

"ding ding ding, there it is." archie laughs.
"so what do you say?" he finishes.

"i'm down if you are." jughead shrugs.

"oh i'm more than down." archie smirks.

a/n: hiii, i know it's been FOREVER since i last updated but here you go lol. this was set up for a part 2 if you guys want one but if not that works too.

ALSO THE FINALE OF THIS SEASON OF RIVERDALE, OMFG. WHAT ARE YOUR GUYS' THOUGHTS??